Author Topic: Ok, seriously now.  (Read 36338 times)

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
I won't let all the content the team has already created go to waste. It's been a long time since we started, but this thing is this close to being done, it just seems like nothing is being done anymore. So, if anyone else cares about this project and wants to help out, let me know. I'm frankly considering opening the whole project just to see if it actually gets finished, it's been so long that no one is paying attention any longer, and the staff members that still care are too busy (I'm on the final stretches of my masters course and swamped with work, for example). Anyone else still cares about this? And anyone is willing to work on it?

Well, let me know. I want this thing to actually go somewhere someday.
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Okay, this time I SWEAR I will get more done this weekend.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
All wee need is FREDders! Or for the ones we have to actually FRED.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I'm frankly considering opening the whole project just to see if it actually gets finished
If I can offer some advice -- don't do that.  You'll get the bystander effect and nothing will happen.  Plus, the plot will be given away. :)

Find some talented newbies and offer them a position.  There are a bunch around.  I'm sure they'd jump at the chance. :)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
People who dont help suck.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
So what, exactly, have you got left that you need assistance with?

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
FREDding.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
As of December 21st and the end of finals, sure, I'll help.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline VR7

• fifth generation anti-shadow yadda
    • Twitter
    • http://www.simon-phommaneth.com
Wow, several years and my account still exists...

As of December 21st, I can try and offer some help. I've had some experience with playing with FRED before, and I did submit a (rather garbage though) mission to the Silent Threat mission design contest a long way back.
--noel

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:welcome:

(welcome back, that is :))

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Sorry, Taristin, I've gotten 2 missions done, but I'm not sure about one of them because the original was so different from the description in the doc.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards

Sorry, Taristin, I've gotten 2 missions done, but I'm not sure about one of them because the original was so different from the description in the doc.

Erm. That wasnt directed at you :p Twas a general statement :p

Fredding definately is the main problem. I mean, we have about one third of the missions, that only need some more polishing and 2/3rd that already have working skeletons (not exactly all of them, but the majority). I'm in no way capable of fredding anything since half a year and this state is holding on, since we have a lot of exams. I am still willing to carry this thing out to the end, although I'll gladly give the lead missiondesign position away, but there is just nobody willing to do this. We have alot of missions and it's quite a hard job to connect the things together. I do know my way around the storyline and I would like to offer advice in any means possible, but I simply don't have the time to Fred.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I thought Shadow Wolf was doing much of your FREDding? Has he vanished again?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
I thought Shadow Wolf was doing much of your FREDding? Has he vanished again?

We haven't seen him for a while yes
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
He went AWOL about a year ago, then out of nowhere, posted COW2 on GW and then disappeared again.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I can't not promise you to do some testing. I just don't have the mood to get started, but when I do start testing, I promise to do a bunch.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Testing is not the main problem, but fredding.

Offline DarkShadow-

• Machina Terra
Although I'm working on my own mod right now (quality should be Inferno-level, no matter how long working for that takes), I think I could spare some time on fredding for Machina Terra. There's just a bunch of questions I have:

Is there already a "script" of what those missions should be or should I design some fully from scratch using my creativity?
(would like some script more, all my creativity is going into my mod right now)

English is not my native language (I'm from Germany), so some of the text I write will surely have spelling/grammatical errors. Could this become a problem or do you have enough people to check this?

I'm not the best one with balancing a mission (usually it gets to easy), so I need some people to test my missions and give me feedback or do the final steps. Anyway, I don't think that should be the problem.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, isn't 'Eureka!' but rather 'hmm....that's funny.'" Isaac Asimov

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Is there already a "script" of what those missions should

Yes we have scirpts ready for all missions

I need some people to test my missions and give me feedback

Everything will be tested
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi