FreeSpace Releases > Mission & Campaign Releases

[RELEASE] Cataclysm Beta 1.0.4

<< < (7/7)

Nova Terran:
I like the setting you made, though it needs more exposition: what was the Cataclysm (I assume it was caused by the Capella Supernova?), how the Node Map looks right now, explanation on Solar Union and other post-Cataclysm polities, etc.

Dialogues are fine, but need proof-reading.

This is a personal opinion, but any plan to replace the Nightmares models used for Pretan? I am not a big fan of those models. But again, this is just my personal opinion.

ssmit132:
I decided to give this campaign a play through over the last few days.

I don't really have any particular comments about the gameplay itself, but I had a fun time in general and there didn't seem to be any big and noticeable bugs or anything, so that's good. I mainly want to echo some of the other comments in this thread that I'm intrigued with the setting you've presented here, which is great! I would certainly like to hear more about what's going on such as the actual nature of the Cataclysm the campaign is named after.

Spoiler:I admit I was a bit disappointed that there was a whole mission around capturing a Pretan ship and we didn't get any info about them afterwards, though (unless I missed it). That's a bit of a tease there. :p
Also it's nice to see the EA music (as well as the other things from their dump) finally get to be used in something.

I wish you the best of luck if you continue to develop this - keep up the good work! :)

Nohiki:
This is amazing. It is giving me the same vibes as Tides of Darkness. I can't wait for more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version