Author Topic: Crash on Ceremony  (Read 2425 times)

So i've got this really annoying crash. In the mission ceremony, i charge the lilith cruiser after the sanctuary warps in, and the game just crashes on me. I'm thinking that its something to do with my graphics card drivers, has this happened to anyone else? Its occurred at least twice now.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
You sure this is on Ceremony and not Forced Entry? I thought Ceremony didn't have any combat.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
You sure this is on Ceremony and not Forced Entry? I thought Ceremony didn't have any combat.
Yeah that's Forced Entry I think, have you got the latest drivers for your graphics card?

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Ceremony begins with the destruction of the Cain, a mediavps model. But since he's clearly describing Forced Entry and not Ceremony ...

You probably should download BP 3.6.10, it seems to fix most of these stupid issues that keep getting reposted.

Offline eliex

@ jkalltheway:

- If you are using a 3.6.10 build to play FSO, ensure that you have got the 3.6.10 BP compatibility patch that you can get here.
- If you are using a 3.6.9 build, then ensure that your graphics card drivers are up-to-date (if you are using a Nvidia 9 series card there was a new driver release recently) but even with 3.6.10 get your drivers up-to-date.
- Mediavps are required to play BP without fault - unlike some of the other campaigns where it is optional.

Good luck.

Yeah i got it working. Thanks for the replys.

Offline Darius

- Mediavps are required to play BP without fault - unlike some of the other campaigns where it is optional.

This is going to change. The 3.6.10 version should be able to be played without MediaVP's. Current version has faults with invisible Sanctuarys without the MediaVPs, but this is going to be fixed.

Offline eliex

This is going to change. The 3.6.10 version should be able to be played without MediaVP's. Current version has faults with invisible Sanctuarys without the MediaVPs, but this is going to be fixed.

That's good for people whose computers can't run mediavps so they can play BP to maximum extent, although I suspect that most FreeSpace players use mediavps anyway.  :)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
That's what I was thinking