Author Topic: RELEASE: The Nurgo  (Read 9387 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
So... BrotherBryon and I decided to finally rework a thing... And guess what! We decided to take one of the unfortunate ones, burdened with The Curse.

This little fella is untouched since 1999. There were attempts at doing so, there were reworks of old tiles... But this poor thing still uses vanilla mesh.

So: Dear vanilla Argo, you served us for much longer when your authors anticipated. And you did great job at transporting cargo and civilians fleeing from Capella, boarding operations and happily dying from Shivan missiles, torpedoes and beams. Today you close your eyes...

...to be reborn!

I currently have no access to FSU SVN and it's gonna be like that for at least couple days, so

« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 03:31:34 pm by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Damn that's nice.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Thank you for delivering this. The Argo really, really deserved a proper upgrade.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Superb! The ugly duckling is now a high polly ugly duckling 👍😎
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Marguel

• Sparda
    • Steam
Imo it's a ship that gets used a lot and it was in dire need of an upgrade.
Thank you for your work!

Another ship from the Slavic Shipyards!
"You'll see. It'll be better than last time. "
"I hope so. I died."

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
****, that's the nicest-looking ugly ****box I've ever seen.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

BEt it explodes even more nicely now

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
The argo.....is sexy now.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Love it. Stunning work!

Offline Vrets

The Nurgo is impressive, been using it for a bit. Possibly a slight bug found:

Engine subsystem now impervious to Stiletto missile fire. Can still be damaged by primaries but shrugs off the missile impacts somehow. Noticed this and tried hitting it with secondaries from various angles to little effect. I've filed this report of unexpectedly durable propulsion section hull plating to the Argo cost reduction bureau
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 10:21:29 pm by Vrets »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Update. Engine bug is confirmed, and this version is now effectively obsolete. Asteroth provided fix that will be available in next MVPs [or this Discord post for impatient].
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.