Author Topic: [RELEASE] Ribos: The Aftermath 1.0.0  (Read 13131 times)

Offline ShivanSpS

[RELEASE] Ribos: The Aftermath 1.0.0

Ribos: The Aftermath is a 4 mission mini-campaign during FS1. I always felt that there was a missing piece in Ribos, with the Terran and Vasudan working together, the HOL, etc. I made this campaign to cover that gap. Be advised im not following the canon at a 100%, this is based on my version of the Great War, and i have several changes.

The are 4 capital ships in Ribos, the GTD Krios, the GTD Galatea, the GTD Bastion and the PVD Pinnacle, you have a one mission with each ship, plus a intro with a bonus playable section, and a short outro cutscene monologue.
This is the timeline:

3 missions happens at the same time, with the FS1 canon mission starting just as everything finishes.

As you can guess the campaign name is a reference to the FS1 canon mission and there are several strong references to Deneb 3 and ST:R. With maybe some earter egg/secret added on the 1st and 2nd mission.

The worst part, as always its the voices, im using Azure TTS service, some voices are bad, but the worst is that i had no idea of how to make a Vasudan voice so thats the worst part. I will see what i can do about this later, i didnt wanted to keep delaying it for the voices.

I hope you enjoy it, and good shooting!

« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 01:23:19 pm by ShivanSpS »

Re: [RELEASE] Ribos: The Aftermath 1.0.0
OOooooooh!  A new pleasure!

Actually thinking I may need to play through FS Port one more time to refresh myself on the lore of that era first so I can appreciate this better.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Re Vasudan voices. At a guess, one way to do it would be to record the narration using a fairly flat, robotic voice as an mp3 file or similar, then extract the Vasudan speech sound from FS2, then mix them together in an audio program such as audacity, record that as an audio file then import it into the game. Rinse and repeat.
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline ShivanSpS

I want to ask to the people who played, do you think if it is worth it to properly VA it at some point in this year?

This also means VAing "Retreat from Deneb" as the same characters are also present here.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 08:33:41 am by ShivanSpS »

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Very cool little campaign! It would be improved by VA to be sure, but the voices were perfectly serviceable IMO. I love the missions going on simultaneously, it was an excellent window into the situation going on across the whole system.  :yes:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I've just finished it, it's been in my "to do" list for too long. I found the gameplay and general setting quite enjoyable, and I strongly recommend starboxes as the best possible way to improve the overall quality of backgrounds (even if you want to keep a pure FS1 style).   ;)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Just finished it.  I liked it a lot.  There were plenty of nice tie-ins with both the canon of the main campaigns, as well as fan campaigns.  I liked seeing the Orff, the Gladiator, the Idun, the Krios, and all the other ships -- and it was clever to include the GTD Myrmidon too.  There was plenty of atmosphere, and a lot of attention was given to world-building and character-building.

There were some infelicities in spelling and grammar, but I hear those are being edited.  If I had one complaint it's that the missions were really demanding, especially mission 2.  I would have made the missions shorter; flying several brutal missions in a row can be pretty draining.

Overall though, this is well worth playing, and I hear there will be more vignettes like this.  I'm looking forward to them. :yes:

Offline ShivanSpS

Thanks  :)

Regarding the missions, each mission has a different idea behind it:

-Mission 1 has some... maybe expected(?) easter eggs, and a kill challenge.

-Mission 2 is "do more with less", this mission has some optional stuff, you do have very limited resources but you have everything you need, from Stilettos you can use in a Seths, to bombers and a very nerfed version of the Barracuda Torpedo (altrought there seems to be some sort of bug were sometimes its not listed). And you can also use some of the transports as gunboats as you can give them the order to attack.
I think im going to change Omicron to Seths by default in the future as the Horus gets killed very easily sometimes and then it is really a uphill battle.

-Mission 3 is a "do a lot, with a lot", Delta will not be avalible here if you use it during mission 2, they will depart inmidiatelly. Mission lenght is due to story reasons as the pilots were really needing to be rotated but the Galatea just cant do that because it has to keep deploying wings in-system and not longer have enoght wings avalible to do that.

-Mission 4 is about "conserving your forces", and at the end you have a small window to do what you were unable to do during mission 1, 2 and 3.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 08:14:02 am by ShivanSpS »