Author Topic: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS  (Read 291030 times)

Offline Andkat

Re: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS
Hello,
I recently Downloaded the 1.5c Freespace 2 SCP Pack at the behest of a friend, and I have managed to succesfully install it onto my computer. However, I find that I am incapable of playing the actual campaign, for whenever I attempt to initiate it, the game demands the second CD. Can anyone explain to me how I am intended to circumvent this requirement?

In addition, the 1.8 download link of the first page of this thread (I hoped to download it in the event that what I experienced was a bug) isn't exactly a download link; it leads to a page that contains the file name and the words "Download Now!" but no links to the actual file.  The "Get Your File Here" link is also not present on the OxyShare page.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 11:08:15 am by Andkat »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You're running the wrong .exe.

The Freespace2.exe runs the FS2.exe. These are the retail files. What you actually want to run is the launcher.exe which will let you run FS2_Open.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Andkat

The Open Launcher crashes mid-load thanks to a spelling error in the ini. files (intial instead of initial) which results in a "not responding" message from task manager. I can't even select the debugging option.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
When I try to run the update to version 1.9c, I get an error on the mp-710 models file it says there is a decompression error.  I downloaded the file and ran it again but got the same error.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The Open Launcher crashes mid-load thanks to a spelling error in the ini. files (intial instead of initial) which results in a "not responding" message from task manager. I can't even select the debugging option.

Ah. I'm surprised that is coming up. The solution is to update to newer versions of the pack but you'll need ShivanSPS to talk you through that.

I could explain to you how to download and upgrade yourself but I'm a little worried that might prevent you from using Shivan's packs in the future.

Offline Macfie

I had version 1.9a installed prior to trying to install version 1.9c. It appears that the problem is only with one file in the upgraded version.  The rest of 1.9c installed without any problem.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Does everything else in the pack install correctly? Cause you can get the missing file here

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
I've only got the FS1 MVE's (ST too, if they had any), and even then I'd have to search every nook and cranny of my room just to find those original discs... Then there's the case of whether or not those discs'll still work... :shaking:
You could always just download the MVEs and stick them on a blank CD.  They don't need any directory structure or anything, just make them the only files on the CD, with no folders.  And I think that you can fit all of them on one CD, I know for sure with the FS1 movies, and I think if you use a 700M CD you can get the FS2 movies on one disc as well.  And if you can't, then just stick them on a DVD instead.

It would seem to me that whatever has been causing problems with spaces in mod names is gone. Though I don't remember seeing any announcement clearing this... Is this one of the changes that have been applied to Launcher 5.4 RC builds?
It was never a problem as far as I know, just something stupid that the launcher required for no reason.  The game has always worked fine with spaces in the directory names so this was a launcher specific issue.  After a lot of testing to make sure it was safe, I just removed the warning since it served no purpose at all. :)

Offline Macfie

Does everything else in the pack install correctly? Cause you can get the missing file here
When I try to download the file I get an rar file labeled mp-710_models[1] but there is nothing in it.

Offline ShivanSpS

mmm sure? thats strange, I will check it out later. Try to re download again... so many people downloaded the 1.9c vercion and none say anything about that error. The file has been downloaded 64 times..

Offline Andkat

I recently downloaded version 1.9c (over 1.8), and I'm recieving the same decompression error as Macfie. Should I abort or ignore it?

Offline ShivanSpS

ok, is a problem which the installer them, just ignore it... its only the MP-170 Models? if you have the 1.9b previusly you already have it... so dont worry about.

If not, you can download the MP-170 file from http://fs2source.warpcore.org/mediavp/mp-710_models.rar, unrar and put them in the Mediavps folder.

Damn, this shouldt not be happening... I downloaded the file to test it before I put the link :S, since the disaster which the splited parts of the full pack in a direct download I dont whant to take those risks...

Anyway... by now just download the single file that failed in the descompression, I will fix this in a few days, i cant doit right now, I need my computer :S
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 09:43:42 pm by ShivanSpS »

Offline Macfie

When I try to run the update to version 1.9c, I get an error on the mp-710 models file it says there is a decompression error.  I downloaded the file and ran it again but got the same error.

I solved the problem by updating to version 1.9b first.  Since this already had the mp-710 models file in it, I had no problem when I updated to version 1.9c.  It appears the problem is only when updating from version 1.9a and I would assume version 1.8 to 1.9c.  This would explain why no one else had the problem.

Offline ShivanSpS

Ok, the file is fixed now, good hunting.

Offline Andkat

Whenever I attempt to run 1.9c (with the aforementioned file in place in the media.vps file), the game intro displays...and when it's done, my computer blue-screens. In addition, if I've been running my computer for  a while and attempt to run the game, it won't even display an intro; it will go directly to a brighter blue-screen without any text or characters.

Edit: Ackh, somone hack-edited this post!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 01:38:58 pm by Andkat »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That bluescreen problem sounds like a thermal problem in your PC. Do you get the same thing with other games that push your graphics card hard?

And you haven't been hacked. It's international talk like a pirate day. Things will be back to normal tomorrow (hopefully).

Offline Andkat

My computer can run Oblivion, Freelancer, F.E.A.R., and innumerable other games on maximum possible graphical settings with minimal slow-downs, and is about a year old. It should certainly have no difficulty with Freespace 2, especially since I cleaned out the vent fans quite recently. To all appearances, it is a technical glitch or error.

Offline dborden

Quick question.  I recently upgraded my PC and I am now running a core 2 duo e6400, 7950gx2 video card and a 1920x1200 widescreeen display.  Will i still be able to play freespace using shivan's pack?

Quick question.  I recently upgraded my PC and I am now running a core 2 duo e6400, 7950gx2 video card and a 1920x1200 widescreeen display.  Will i still be able to play freespace using shivan's pack?

Rather obviously yes, though I'm not sure how FS2 will look at such a resolution.

Offline PotzUK

• PyroPort
It looks great, but it doesn't play so well.  The targeting boxes appear at a different aspect to the target itself towards the edges of the screens, so if a target moves off to the side its target box becomes misaligned.  Same thing happens in FRED with the Ship and it's pink dot locator.  AFAIK it's a known bug but isn't high on the list of fixes