Author Topic: Free Mechwarrior Mercenaries  (Read 9235 times)

Re: Free Mechwarrior Mercenaries
I remember hitting the lunar maps with a Madcat packing LBX-10's.  Nobody saw that thing coming, as evidenced by how quickly their reflective armor shattered underneath my hail of ballistic fury!  BWA HAHA!

*ahem*

Fond memories indeed.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
i've been enjoying that one, but the heat quickly becomes unmanageable.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
One time I loaded up a MadCat with all clan flame throwers, heat sinks and a medium missile plus the most painfully garish colour scheme available.  Ran up to my opponent lit him on fire a couple times till he shut down.  Then proceeded to slowly pick him apart with missile salvos, occasionally burninating him when his mech managed to temporarily restart.  Took a while to kill him but it turned out to be an effective, if undignified, load out.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Naah, I was using one of the lighter assaults. Forgot which one though. (The heavies can mount some of those fast PPCs, but I don't like the heat bar appearing red in Mech Lab.)

The two Railgun-mounting giants were awesome, but whenever I went in 1v1 duel with my friend, he'd either bring in a Cougar just to spite me or one of his many Daishi tanks; whereas I could out-snipe him with a good mouse, he could rain me from far off, behind a cliff with reasonable accuracy.

LBX10 Madcat... sounds familiar (Never played online, think I toyed with a variant like that once but I ended up on the receiving end of an Atlas' "****-you" attack on that round), but did you have space for any other weapons...?
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
a quicky, does anyone know of a good group to join that isnt too heavy on the whole "we're a military regiment so you have to act like you are in the army" shtick like the DSA?
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i was kinda hoping this was one big download, something i could stick on a disk and take to the woods where internet is none to be found and play a lan game. aparently this is not the case.

DEATH TO WEB INSTALLERS!!!

its ok, il just make illegal copies of the original mw4 discs.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 08:57:39 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
I don't remember how I installed it but I had to download a mess of files, and some were installer tools... but with everything installed I just loaded the game directly without MTX. IIRC I didn't install the game through MTX at all because of the slow speed, and the client would always fail halfway during the install because of low disk space (:doubt:). Then when I cancel it, the file just disappears... wasting one whole day's worth of time.

I didn't try multi so I can't say anything about connections...
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

One time I loaded up a MadCat with all clan flame throwers, heat sinks and a medium missile plus the most painfully garish colour scheme available.  Ran up to my opponent lit him on fire a couple times till he shut down.  Then proceeded to slowly pick him apart with missile salvos, occasionally burninating him when his mech managed to temporarily restart.  Took a while to kill him but it turned out to be an effective, if undignified, load out.

I did something similar, except that I had my brother with me who was packing huge weapons. (We were playing against bots, since Online was no longer working at that time, but we had a lot of fun :D)