Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 306609 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
Evangelion should die in a fire.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
I've been watching Fruits Basket lately. It's pretty good, albeit slow.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Evangelion should die in a fire.

There are days I think this, but it's an amazing story for people to write deconstructive takes on.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

I finally managed to see Evangelion 3.33.

...what. Seriously, what?

Well, any non-Eva fans are going to have been left in the dark several miles back at this point if they've only been following the movies. For those of us familiar with the series mythology it's still rather confusing. They pulled some stuff in this movie I didn't think was even possible in Eva.

I think I have a decent grasp on what's going on, though I'm at a loss on several things... I suppose we just have to wait until Evangelion Final to clear anything up (though, this being Eva, I sort of doubt it will).

It's all been a dream experienced by God-Shinji from EoE, just before he rejects instrumentality.

:lol:

You know, I can't say that something like this hasn't crossed my mind, but I don't think that even Anno would take his fanbase-trolling that far.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
I finally managed to see Evangelion 3.33.

...what. Seriously, what?

Well, any non-Eva fans are going to have been left in the dark several miles back at this point if they've only been following the movies. For those of us familiar with the series mythology it's still rather confusing. They pulled some stuff in this movie I didn't think was even possible in Eva.

I think I have a decent grasp on what's going on, though I'm at a loss on several things... I suppose we just have to wait until Evangelion Final to clear anything up (though, this being Eva, I sort of doubt it will).

It's all been a dream experienced by God-Shinji from EoE, just before he rejects instrumentality.

:lol:

You know, I can't say that something like this hasn't crossed my mind, but I don't think that even Anno would take his fanbase-trolling that far.

It'd be no different from how the original series ended. Though I don't think things will stop at just death threats should he do this, dem japanese fanbases are RABID!

And the thing is, I don't think that it's too far from the truth. There are too many things that tie the world in with EoE, that it's only logical to assume that it's linked in some fairly significant way to the original series' timestream/universe/reality/mentalbreakdowninaboxset.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Reading about massive Evangelion cluster****s of plot and comprehension is why I'll never watch it.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Watch the last few episodes of Inferno Cop, instead.   ;)

i watched the thick of it a while back, imo a good show
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
"So it's good, huh? I'll give it a chance. And I hate pants anyways."

*watches opening battle*

"Now, isn't that a bit much?"

*watches Yoshika's introduction*

"Oh, so you meant NO pants, like anywhere."
:lol: That's not too far off, actually. Except I read about the lack of pants from the description; my friend didn't even mention anything about no pants until I shared that with him - and then he said it wasn't ever talked about in the show. Well, not talked about, certainly... :p

Reading about massive Evangelion cluster****s of plot and comprehension is why I'll never watch it.

Tell you what, though, the movie had fantastic music.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
Tetsugin 28-go. I watched first episode of the remake and it's not bad, just some anti-american stuff thrown in occasionally and a random pompadour.
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Man you need to go old-school and watch the original black-and-white.  GI-GAN-TOOOOORRRRRR!

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
Haven't looked for it but with a name like that it must be dubbed and I don't like dubs.

Where can you find black and white anime on the internets anyways?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 02:09:16 am by yuezhi »
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yes, it was dubbed...but considering it was made in 1963, do you really think you'd miss much by seeing it that way? :p

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

Tell you what, though, the movie had fantastic music.

And its very own
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

The Force shall free me.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
:lol: That's not too far off, actually. Except I read about the lack of pants from the description; my friend didn't even mention anything about no pants until I shared that with him - and then he said it wasn't ever talked about in the show. Well, not talked about, certainly... :p

Actually...
Habeeb it...

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
AHA! the hugely expected vengeance against the Titans! :D
el hombre vicio...

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter

Actually...
...okay, fine, once or twice maybe. But that's not the point I was making. :P

EDIT: I was going to just avoid technicalities, but since Dark Hunter brought it up: I've heard that the Japanese dub actually uses the word for "trousers" ("zubon") rather than the word for "panties" (whatever that is), so it might be a direct translation (to American-English "pants"). On my DVD, the English dub uses "panties", while the sub uses "pants" (and it's a different set of subs to Gortef's).

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:51:00 am by ssmit132 »

She was referring to her underwear in that scene... a British person must have been subtitling that one.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
I....I'm actually feeling ashamed to even know of Strike Witches now.

The Force shall free me.