Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 306528 times)

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
I just had a diabetic aneurysm.
Can has bloodmechs plox?

Lemme guess, you watched the first episode of Gochuumon?

Space Dandy
Give yourself to Dandy. Embrace Dandy. Become (almost) Dandy (because it's impossible to become THE Dandy)!

Gundam 00 is far from the worst of Gundam,
I beg to differ, AGE is worst. The only Gundam series I've dropped. But opinions are like... you know...
Habeeb it...

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter

Gundam 00 is far from the worst of Gundam,
I beg to differ, AGE is worst. The only Gundam series I've dropped. But opinions are like... you know...

After rewatching SEED (i was bored), then watching all of AGE, AGE is actually not awful.  SEED is by far the worst.  In fact, I would go as far as to say that I liked AGE better than I liked Victory Gundam.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 02:28:21 pm by Turambar »
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Online Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Gundam 00 is far from the worst of Gundam, and it's pretty much the only thing ever that has a Kurdish protagonist.
00 is (unfortunately) the only Gundam I've seen as of now, but I'll agree that it was pretty fun, albeit chock-full of those classic goofy Gundam names.  (Hallelujah Haptism?  Lockon Stratos?)  I've heard people say that it's basically an updated version of Gundam Wing, though I don't know how well that comparison holds up.  Pretty much every hardcore Gundam fan I've run into holds up SEED Destiny as the absolute pit of the entire franchise.  I need to delve into some UC goodness at some point.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
I've just defeated (or have been defeated by) Kill la Kill.

Also, Ragyo....One of the most ****ed up characters I've seen in a loooooooooong time. Still, ***** has one hell of a theme song.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

People keep saying that about Ragyo. I even heard someone saying she takes the award for "Most Sexually Depraved" anime character.

I had to laugh at that.

I've seen a little miniseries called "Mnemosyne", and believe me, Ragyo's got absolutely nothing on Apos.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Turambar

And here I was, mildly put off by Sugu's sisterly/cousinly urges in Sword Art Online.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats

Online Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Oh God, SAO.  Don't get me started.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
After rewatching SEED (i was bored), then watching all of AGE, AGE is actually not awful.  SEED is by far the worst.  In fact, I would go as far as to say that I liked AGE better than I liked Victory Gundam.

That here is where our opinions differ. I liked SEED, and didn't even consider 00 to be a complete disaster.

Hey another season is coming so get ready again.
Habeeb it...

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam

Huh.  I thought it was pretty well wrapped up.

... Prequel, maybe?

Offline Lorric

Gundam 00 is far from the worst of Gundam, and it's pretty much the only thing ever that has a Kurdish protagonist.
00 is (unfortunately) the only Gundam I've seen as of now, but I'll agree that it was pretty fun, albeit chock-full of those classic goofy Gundam names.  (Hallelujah Haptism?  Lockon Stratos?)  I've heard people say that it's basically an updated version of Gundam Wing, though I don't know how well that comparison holds up.  Pretty much every hardcore Gundam fan I've run into holds up SEED Destiny as the absolute pit of the entire franchise.  I need to delve into some UC goodness at some point.

I've seen both, though I haven't seen Wing in it's entirety. They certainly share similarities. They're also the only ones I've seen. I saw Wing just because I was curious and wanted to see what Gundam was like and it was the first one I found on Youtube that was fully uploaded. The copyright hammer fell however while I was working my way through, but I had been enjoying it.

00 I checked out because I liked its music, as Spoon had used some of it for Wings of Dawn.

Huh.  I thought it was pretty well wrapped up.

... Prequel, maybe?

Sequel.

Although not one focused on Asuna, but on a new character and a new MMO.

I'm actually looking forward to it, both for the fanbase rage at what Kirito pulls off this time around and because I found the story in the novels to be interesting, surprisingly.

It's a big step up over the second arc, anyway.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Max Sterling

• Veritech Ace
I'm watching almost all the animes that gets released. (And btw, if you watched series DUBBED, shame on you)

Well I guess I should quit voice acting since no one wants to listen to it in English anyway... ;)

Keep at it!  The dubs will be as good eventually, just takes practice.

They are as good! Have you seen Sgt. Frog dubbed? Twice as funny as the sub. Hellsing has all actual European accents for the characters. Ghost in the Shell is great.
-Max

Creator of Altered Spirits
http://www.alteredspiritsfilm.com

Creator of the FS2 Robotech MOD
http://robotechlan.com/freespace2/
and Bosch Beer.

Online Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something

I know.  And with my boundless luck it'll probably wind up on Toonami too.  Lord give me strength.

Offline Torchwood

• Mechanical Templar
Courtesy of Spoon, I'm currently on a Gundam spree. Current agenda: 08th MS team, then 0080, then Zeta, then ZZ.

Regarding SEED, it starts out kinda start but really gets going after the twenty episodes or so. And SEED Destiny... the opening was kinda neat. Besides that, beware of indecisive plot, recycled animations and unlikable protagonists.

Offline Turambar

Courtesy of Spoon, I'm currently on a Gundam spree. Current agenda: 08th MS team, then 0080, then Zeta, then ZZ.

It's spreading!  08th MS Team is so good.  You should add on Turn A Gundam to the end of that though, if you haven't seen it yet.  It's definitely one of the strongest gundam series.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Need some

0083 Top Gun..dam

I mean heck its got the best grunt suits period.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
If it also started that whole "ridiculously oversized shield/wing/pauldron" fad than it has a lot of making up to do. :P

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Fear is Freedom!

Subjugation is Liberation!

Contradiction is Truth!

Seriously the most bizarrely entertaining piece of art I've seen in a while.  Mad stylish throughout.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Fear is Freedom!

Subjugation is Liberation!

Contradiction is Truth!

Seriously the most bizarrely entertaining piece of art I've seen in a while.  Mad stylish throughout.

Ja, ich bin viel stärker,
als ich je gedacht hab
Fliege höher!
Laufe viel schneller!!

Love that show, and that song.

Except Nui. She's a troll.

Need some

0083 Top Gun..dam

I mean heck its got the best grunt suits period.

Most of its grunt suits are OYW models. Except for maybe the GM Cannon II, Xamel, and Dom Tropen.

I'd say Char's Counterattack has the better grunt suits.

Jegans, Geara Dogas, Re-GZ's... awesome. :cool:

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Finally got around to watching Girls und Panzer, and I'm already enjoying it immensely three episodes in. It also reminded me that I was going to install and try World of Tanks, too. :P