Author Topic: Gadwin/Ocam...fail  (Read 1437 times)

Hello,

I tried to make a screenshot of some ingame stuff (the menu) by using Gadwin.
It failed! No matter what settings I use in Gadwin I only get a shot of what is BEHIND the running Diaspora Gamescreen.

Then I thought... well... Ocam can make movies of games. I'll just use OCam, and pause, and take a screeny of what I see then, so I have my screeny anyways.
Fail!
Ocam also only shows what's behind door number two! Meaning the desktop of windows, and not the game!

How can I make some screenshots/movies of ingame Diaspora material?
I want to at least be able to print some stuff. Like my 50 billion hotkeybindings... :P
(got 2 pc's and hate to write all this stuff down..esp when I can just print it...or not :(  And printing blank keybindingmenu's makes it easier to pencil them in afterwards..)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 08:34:00 pm by Rakebuzz »
Scoundrilling gay
IT is what they say
Shoot from the hip,
Muggin tha sip
Beware of the Ray!
(The zapp I mean ofcc)

Was this out-opting done deliberately?
Scoundrilling gay
IT is what they say
Shoot from the hip,
Muggin tha sip
Beware of the Ray!
(The zapp I mean ofcc)

nm....running in window-opt solved it.
and less resolution then windows itself ofc needed, ro else you will still be in full screen.

running in full window (or no window/full window opted, but still resolution=windows resolution) counters all screenshotting and moviecapture tries.

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]
Scoundrilling gay
IT is what they say
Shoot from the hip,
Muggin tha sip
Beware of the Ray!
(The zapp I mean ofcc)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
IIRC, pressing "Print Screen" while in fullscreen mode will put a file named screen00??.tga file in Diaspora/screenshots (on Windows, it's a different location on Linux/OSX)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...