Author Topic: Primary Weapon models in briefing rotational view invisible  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
Primary Weapon models in briefing rotational view invisible
Okay, I put some new primary weapon models into the game, and specified them to show up with the $tech model flag. They don't always show up however, and I know the geometry is fine. They actually appear in the left hand corner where you click and drag them into your slots, but not in the rotating view. They're maybe 1000 polygons and they converted fine with PCS. Occasionally some of them might show up but I can't figure out why. Does anyone know what the issues are with primary weapon models showing up in the rotating preview in the briefing room?

I can sometimes see them render for a few frames then they dissapear completley.
Oh, and also, the secondary weapons all show up without a problem.
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Offline Dysko

Re: Primary Weapon models in briefing rotational view invisible
The rotating view is an ANI specified in the "$Anim:" line. It has nothing to do with the model (or at least, I suppose so :nervous:).
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
in the loadout?
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
The primary weapons can have a model and you can rotate it. It works with some models, but not with most of them. Just like ships can rotate via 3d models rather than anis. Yes, i'm referring to the loadout menu. I can't attach a screenshot, sorry but I can describe the problem as much as you need. I'm using a flag from the wiki...

$Tech Model:
Defines model used in wing loadout screen and in Tech Room for the weapon. As of the moment - not totally functional
Syntax: Filename.pof

And yes, I realize it's not totally functional. I was just wondering if maybe it was time to make it work. After all, how different could the rendering code be from the missiles (which again, work fine).
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
If it were a ship model we were talking about, I'd say the problem was in the $Closeup_pos: being too close to the model's center.  Could the code base its position off the radius of the pof?  If the radius was set too small for some reason, it could affect this.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!