Poll

The GTVA Colossus is never explicitly given a ship type in game, so what do you think it is closest to?

Juggernaut
59 (62.8%)
Superdestroyer
17 (18.1%)
Super Capital Ship
13 (13.8%)
Destroyer
0 (0%)
Warship
5 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: What Ship Type is the GTVA Colossus?  (Read 38601 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Re: What Ship Type is the GTVA Colossus?
Naw, the GTVA beams aren't useless. Its more of that BFReds are freaking powerful.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh RLY ?? Then what about the LRed ???

In fact the only beam i believe is somewhat normal for the shivans is the Sred which if i remember corectly is rather weak when compared to a GTVA beam .
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Colossus has thirteen beams, eh? So the odd one out is the one at the top... :wtf:

In a broadside battle against the Sathanas with the Colossus overdriving all its beam cannons, the Sathanas will probably lose.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The Colly wins in a broadside battle regardless :P
Neither the Sath's four main beams not its LRed can hit the Colly when broadsiding.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
The Colly wins in a broadside battle regardless :P
Neither the Sath's four main beams not its LRed can hit the Colly when broadsiding.

However if the Colly overtakes it it's in for some hurt, the Sath's main beams have quite an arc

Offline eliex

You get the Colossus anywhere but the front of the Sathanas and with overloaded beams - clear winner.
Same goes for the Rakshasha. The Sathanas is just an oversized Rakshasha tactical wise.   ;)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
And with everyone talking about overloading EVERY SINGLE BEAM CANNON THE COLOSSUS HAS everyone must have forgot that it did so with one cannon and melted the reactor.

Okay then. Do it with five or six beams on one side all at once. Watch it explode right afterwards. Go ahead.
That would have to be in a real-life scenario though at best.

Offline Ziame

• ED ftw
What Ship Type is the GTVA Colossus?

GTVA is an abbreviation of two things:
a) organization Galactic Terran-Vasudan Alliance, military-civilian pact consisting of both Terrans and Vasudans
b) ship class, represented by one, (Rest in Pieces), ship GTVA Colossus, which means Galactic Terran-Vasudan Armageddon.

Thanks for listening

And, Zane, you're right, one uber cannon almost destroyed colossus instead of sathanas, so if we make it two cannons, colossus probably dies.
Rabbinic Judaism had a good start with the Old Testament but kinda missed the point about 2000 years ago

ALL HAIL HERRA
/fan of BlackHole

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Hey people...what do you think about the Iceni, then? :rolleyes:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Galactic Terran-Vasudan Armageddon? BS.

Offline Ziame

• ED ftw
Galactic Terran-Vasudan Armageddon? BS.

BS? Does it mean BattleShip?

Well I thought Armageddon was funny  :(
Rabbinic Judaism had a good start with the Old Testament but kinda missed the point about 2000 years ago

ALL HAIL HERRA
/fan of BlackHole

Offline Snail

• SC 5
BS = Bullsh!t :P

That said, TrashMan's GTVBS Archangel Mk 2 must stand for Galactic Terran-Vasudan Bull ****. :nervous:

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
The one-of-a-kind ship prefixes are just the faction abbreviations. Sheesh.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF are you ppl talking here. Overloading ONE beam cannon almost destroyed the Collie ???!!! The Collie overloaded ALL of its side beam cannon's at least the ones facing the Sath.

And it was not even that that damaged the Collie since from the said discussion the Collie and apparently every other ship out there has a possibility to overload its beam cannon's .

However the discussion said specifically that or rather left me with the clear idea that they used the overloaded beam cannon's for far too much time and so they did not have the ability to cool them down .

Basically if they had the choice of firing the overloaded beam once every minute or so I'm sure the same problem's would not have occurred since they would of had much more time to cool down .
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Righteous went boom. n00b at overclocking.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
WTF are you ppl talking here. Overloading ONE beam cannon almost destroyed the Collie ???!!! The Collie overloaded ALL of its side beam cannon's at least the ones facing the Sath.

And it was not even that that damaged the Collie since from the said discussion the Collie and apparently every other ship out there has a possibility to overload its beam cannon's .

However the discussion said specifically that or rather left me with the clear idea that they used the overloaded beam cannon's for far too much time and so they did not have the ability to cool them down .

Basically if they had the choice of firing the overloaded beam once every minute or so I'm sure the same problem's would not have occurred since they would of had much more time to cool down .

Put simply

Beam Cannons are not made to be overdriven, just like your car wasn't made to run on an empty tank.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
It's more like taking the govenor device off your car and pushing it past the limit

Offline Kie99

Hey people...what do you think about the Iceni, then? :rolleyes:

Referred to as a Corvette by your Wingman at one point.  "We're 5 Clicks from that Corvette!"
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Referred to also as a frigate.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Referred to also as a frigate.

...in the Techroom, yeah.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?