Author Topic: Forum game: Rules/Discussion  (Read 166032 times)

Offline Lorric

Re: Forum game: Rules/Discussion
It's not since Dragon just completely left without saying anything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You said someone else can take over if we lose an admiral.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Eh - if the 2nd LSF isn't coming back this turn then we'll just have to make do with what we have :)  In which case, the 3rd CRF hotfooting it back to Sol would be a good move...

And I just realised, that damn special fleet moved twice AND attacked.  Ah. Ha. Ha. Hahahahahaha.  :nervous:
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Lorric

And I just realised, that damn special fleet moved twice AND attacked.  Ah. Ha. Ha. Hahahahahaha.  :nervous:
Oh wow. I was so caught up with the move to Sol, I didn't even think of that. What if it can attack more than once...

Why is my fleet always the first one at the receiving end of overpowered Hertak attacks with new fleets?
Since I don't want to get killed again (and with 35% remaining the fleet is kinda useluss anyway) I'll join the 4th CRF attack on the special fleet and then jump to Lyrae for later resupplying.
I'm sorry! (Also, don't do it, just... walk away from that fight, bro.)
Oh wow. I was so caught up with the move to Sol, I didn't even think of that. What if it can attack more than once...
Which is why I was complaining about me always being wrong place + wrong time. The doomstack 100% attack was just as unanticipated as this. :ick:
Even Spoon is warning me not to attack so I'm probably better off just running away and resupplying. With Logistics it's at least 25% up.
Also for the 4th CRF it could be better to hold instead of attacking. The special fleet might have 2 major moves it can use to attack.

Spoon: Did you apply the defend and barrage bonus to my fleet for the fight? I'm kinda not seeing it in the calculation but I might also be too tired ;)
I did, it would have been devastating against other fleets, its just your poor luck that sees most of these bonuses negated by this jerk of a special fleet.
What did my Admiral do to deserve that kind of treatment? The Hertak could really be a bit more friendly to everyone. They could at least lower their shields for the barrage to have some effect instead of being a waste of ammo.
Here goes scripting and copy paste coding
Freespace RTS Mod
Checkpoint/Shipsaveload script

Offline Veers

Once we have this turn finalised, and depending what happens on Spoon's end.

The 1st CRF will reinforce Sol.

I'd really like to see the 3rd CRF get back up this way as well. We need the reinforcements up here for the moment. Unless we can grab something from Aquarius and the 3rd CRF moves to assist in that area.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 12:09:58 am by Veers »
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Ooooohkay. This was not anticipated.  :nervous:

The special fleet has, in all probability, three actions, instead of two. What I am really interested in finding out is if those three actions are 1 major+2 minors or 2 majors + 1 minor (which would mean that we are royally screwed).  :shaking:  Don't forget that there's the FuraZy fleet in Polaris and they are highly likely to hit Sol with a subspace missile barrage. If the InfiFleet can attack twice, this will be, in all probability, enough to kill off at least one defending fleet.

However, I cannot assist Sol in any way, so let's talk about what I should do. Look at me. Back at the DoomStack. Back at me. Sadly, I am not the DoomStack, but I can take a hit from them.

So, here's two things I can do that make sense to me:

A) Attack the Nordera, move to Aqua. This will ensure the Nordera are destroyed this turn and cannot kamikaze at anybody. Please keep in mind that a kamikaze is a flat 60 damage, no matter how much the Nordies are damaged themselves and that, since our resupply lines are contested, we need to safeguard our capship strength. 60% damage will essentially put a fleet out of commission until Sol is liberated and resupply once again becomes possible at full efficiency. (Also note that resupplying right now should be avoided, if possible, since it will consume full resources for only a 50% payoff. By resupplying, we are essentially draining the bank.)

B) Double move to Virgo. I will not be able to contribute to any fights this turn, but will be able to mount an assault on the DS next turn. No barrage, unfortunately.
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Lorric

Double move to Virgo please.

Perhaps both Sol fleets should simply hold position. No attacking at all. If they attack, then get hit with 2 attacks and a pair of subspace missile barrages, we've lost. We also don't know what the special fleet's special is. Unless it's that third move.

Offline Lorric

C'mon now, Spoon. This is SOL. Don't we have some fancy badass system defences, satellite lasers to slice through ships like butter, big space stations armed to the teeth, missile platforms, sentry guns, etc, etc, etc...?

I suppose we can't discount the possibility that the special fleet has three attacks. It takes 1/3 damage. That would facilitate three attacks...

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Don't we have some fancy badass system defences
It does and it is in Fomalhaut, Aquarius and Aldebaran. That is, too far to be of any use.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Lorric

Don't we have some fancy badass system defences
It does and it is in Fomalhaut, Aquarius and Aldebaran. That is, too far to be of any use.
Nooooooo, you're not supposed to say that... :banghead: :hopping: :nono:

:)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Well, I thought that I got blown up by Doomstack? I guess I missed the part where you can respawn... :)
Still, I don't have time for games anymore - got exams coming in the next few weeks. If someone wants to take over, feel free.

Offline Lorric

Well, I thought that I got blown up by Doomstack? I guess I missed the part where you can respawn... :)
Still, I don't have time for games anymore - got exams coming in the next few weeks. If someone wants to take over, feel free.
I wish you luck with the exams.

I'll take the fleet if that's allowed. Just throwing my hat into the ring.

EDIT: It's back in the thread somewhere, Spoon asking if you want to return to the game.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Must have missed it. I've been busy lately, wasn't able to follow the thread too closely. Sure, you can take over. I'm out at least till mid-February, possibly longer.

Offline Lorric

Sure, you can take over.
That's nice. But that is for Spoon to decide. :)
I'm out at least till mid-February, possibly longer.
I guess I'll see you around.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
No dual wielding plz, shiz' not cul
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Lorric

Tell that to Enioch! :D

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class

That's not dual wield, that's a Zweihänder! :p
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Lorric

That's not dual wield, that's a Zweihänder! :p
You're making me think of Cloud slapping his two swords together into one now in Final Fantasy Advent Children... :)

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
No dual wielding here. Just...efficiency. 'Bigger hammer' and all that. Yeah. We'll go with that.  :nervous:

Don't look at me like that. :shaking:
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Lorric

I decided to follow up on the calculation for the special fleet with both fleets attacking it. With the 2nd DD retreating, the Special fleet on the 4th CRF following the attack on the Special Fleet…

4th CRF Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 16+8=24 (16+2+2)
Capital attack strength: 16+8=24 (17+2)
Fighters at 76% Strength, 3rd Gen
Capital ships at 80% Strength
Morale: Very High

Special Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 30+10=40 (40)
Capital attack strength: 19+15=34 (25)
Fighters at 75% Strength
Capital ships at 74% Strength
Morale: Normal

End Strength:

4th CRF Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 10+5=15 (16+2+2)
Capital attack strength: 10+5=15 (17+2)
Fighters at 36% Strength, 3rd Gen
Capital ships at 46% Strength

Special Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 27+9=36 (40)
Capital attack strength: 17+14=31 (25)
Fighters at 67% Strength
Capital ships at 66% Strength

Second Attack (if it has one), End Strength:

4th CRF Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 0 (16+2+2)
Capital attack strength: 5=5 (17+2)
Fighters at 0% Strength, 3rd Gen
Capital ships at 15% Strength

Special Fleet:
Fighter attack strength: 25+8=33 (40)
Capital attack strength: 15+13=28 (25)
Fighters at 62% Strength
Capital ships at 61% Strength

Now the concern here is a subspace missile barrage from the 2nd Fura/Zy finishes off the 4th CRF and the special fleet uses action 3 to take Sol.

There are two solutions. Either the 2nd DD does not retreat (and meets death), or the attack must be called off.

The 4th CRF can survive two attacks and a subspace missile barrage just barely if there is no attack. It will have a small single digit number capship strength left.

Of course, we don't know if it can attack more than once, but I don't fancy rolling that dice with losing the game the price if it can attack twice.

Also, we must make sure it can't get out of Sol. With three actions, it can simply run away and resupply. This shouldn't be too difficult as long as we have fleets resupplying in both adjacent systems.