Author Topic: A conundrum (AKA: "I hate you guys") :P  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
A conundrum (AKA: "I hate you guys") :P
So, I just played through AoA and WiH. Again. And now I have to either replay them a second time, or go through BP withdrawal. Again. It's not that there are no other amazing campaigns out there. There definitely are-- but nothing that's really, truly up to BP's level of quality.

Transcend's story and characters are about as good as BP's, but the gameplay borders on torturously repetitive.

The main FS campaign has an excellent story (and is voice acted), but lacks the amazing characters that define BP.

WoD has good characters and a great story, but something about its gameplay (and the amount of BoEs...) doesn't fit what I( like in a campaign.

Vassago's Dirge is brilliantly polished, has amazing gameplay and storytelling-- but it's painfully short. It's like BP in miniature.

Derelict is a classic bit of FS modding that I still enjoy, but it lacks the depth and creativity of BP.

BP, really, has everything. It's a natural extension to the FS story and experience that branches out in all the right ways. Very few mods (not just FS campaigns) can claim the same amount of quality that came out of the process, or the amount of dedication and work that went in. You guys crafted one of the best stories to ever grace FS, and omitted no detail. And AoA is voice acted! I've had a crush on Ensign Taylor since I first heard her VA say "We're finally going to Earth!"

So, I heard you guys were stalling out a bit. I'd just like to show my appreciation again for all the amazing things you've done for FS. I hope real life lets up on you guys, you definitely deserve it.

P.S. GTVAsucks, UEFpwns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: A conundrum (AKA: "I hate you guys") :P
The compliments are definitely appreciated, but I don't think we need to put other projects down. I might add to that list - 'BP is lots of fun and has good lore, but sometimes it puts its own atmosphere and story above player agency.'

e: Basically I am saying that praise is very cool but I think positivity > negativity even in tiny doses
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 02:15:21 pm by General Battuta »

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
I'm not really trying to put other projects down; they're all amazing campaigns, but so far I haven't found anything that resonates with me like BP does. :)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Make sure you play The Antagonist, it's awesome

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
AAA, I forgot to mention Antagonist! I played it when it first came out, it was a great campaign. (I think my memory of it may have been soiled a bit by the fact that I had to play in debug or I would get crashes, never figured out why) but it was an amazing gameplay experience... if I had been flying alongside Corey and Taylor I would've nerdgasmed, but it was awesome nonetheless.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Diaspora is coming out soon. I can't imagine that won't be fantastic. I have been heavily anticipating it, especially after just starting season 4 of BSG.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.