Author Topic: TOS Battlestar Galactica  (Read 19450 times)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: TOS Battlestar Galactica
Oh yeah, I understand now, I guess I misheard earlier.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

We're going to have a few great missions that tell us a bit more about what happened after the armistice. And from my own own personal point of view, I'd much rather play a story I didn't already know, and on Diaspora we get to play it quicker than we would have done. Brilliant.

Hey guys,

Obviously this isn't canon, but its interesting to note that several costumers have created a set of different battlestar patches. One of them, which i have actually ordered, was for the Battlestar Atlantia BSG-01. Obviously this just means that its part of Battlestar Group One, and not say the first battlestar, however its still an interesting thing.
I wonder if the OS Galactica (though it needs an update in design, just as other homage vessels in the new series) could have been the first battlestar commissioned, Atlantia. Later on you have the Columbia (which is her own class) and the Galactica as a member of the Columbia-class. There's nothing to say that the Galactica was the first battlestar, but rather just the last battlestar in service at the time of the miniseries.

I offer two image for consumption

Personally, I'd go for the second one, or a middleground between the two.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 12:51:08 pm by Furyofaseraph »

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
First of all, the BSG isn't 500m. Second of all, you may have a point with the "First of your kind" thing, but it's up to the devs.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Where do you see 500 meters?

Offline Fish

• Nugget
He misread the scale bar, like I did when looking at it for only 2 seconds initially.

(It says '500 feet', which he misread as metres, and which actually refers to the length of the scale bar, not the ship. The ship is several times longer than the scale bar, which doesn't disagree quite so wildly with the 'official' length figures bandied about.)
<><

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I'd suggest going with lvlshot tags next time.  The image will then auto scale to fit your window with the option to resize if they see fit, thus removing the need for viewers to curse both your houses when the picture blows out their frame.

Like So:

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Didn't even know that existed. Thanks :-)

Offline IceWulfe

• mmmm sheeep
First of all, the BSG isn't 500m. Second of all, you may have a point with the "First of your kind" thing, but it's up to the devs.
 Maybe you need to look at the scale again before you make a comment .It says 500 feet  152 meters
DON'T go full retard

Offline sirukin

I'll clarify for those who haven't attended the school for ants who can't read good: The 500ft 152 meters is what the length of the scale bar is, the little bar above the "Approx. 500 Feet/152 meters", that's how long that bar is. See it's even cut into 5 equal lengths.

Can everyone please stop arguing over this, it causes one's epidermis to show.