Author Topic: MW4: Mercenaries/Battletech  (Read 11038 times)

Offline Roanoke

Re: MW4: Mercenaries/Battletech
I use to play MW2 on Playstation Lol. Those rank tests were fickin' hard:sigh:

As for storyline, I tended to skip all that bollocks.

IIRC couldn't a MW4 Vulture carry 4xLRM15 ?? I reinstalled it last week so I'll have to have a look

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
You skiped the story? The very heart of the game? Absurd!

The Vulture in MW4 Vengeance carries 2 LRM20, 2 LGPLS and 2 MPLS, on MW4 Mercs it carries even less then that, 2 LRM20, 4 MPL.

The best mechs are Cauldron Born and Shadowcat, both looked radically different in MW4 from their previous iterations in MW3, but bothe versions are cool.
Derek Smart is his own oxymoron.

Offline Roanoke

If I'm bored I like to get a Shadow cat, a single Gauss Cannon and jump jets and play sniper from the tops of buildings during the urban missions. I imagine it only really works against the CPU though.....

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
It works on players too, provided you don't get too pissed at being called a poptart.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Roanoke

It works on players too, provided you don't get too pissed at being called a poptart.

No i meant just staying on the roof tops. I hate that jumping from behind cover thing. Actually, other jumping to a vantage point, I never use jets. IMHO they look kinda silly.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title

No i meant just staying on the roof tops. I hate that jumping from behind cover thing. Actually, other jumping to a vantage point, I never use jets. IMHO they look kinda silly.

They're really good on medium and lights (on a Osiris, you can jump a HUGE distance), on a very, very few heavies too but for anything above medium they waste too much useful tonnage.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

People aren't picky about who they call what, really. Vaguely sad.

A Feddie Story

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
MW2 Mercenaries (name recycled recently for part 4) was a kickarse game!

3 was ok...

4 Vengence was better storywise, but then later in 4 Black Knight you fought against Ian (instead of being him) so anytime I could get away with it I PCC'ed anyone who bad mouthed my last incarnation. (I was the hero who liberated Kintares dammit!).

I haven't played 4 Mercs (is it any good?)

I long for the day we can play any mech from any series. I have a fondness for Centurions and Panthers.

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I haven't played 4 Mercs (is it any good?)

Very. Plus that's the one that's compatible with the MechPaks, so you might actually have a Centurion or a Panther; dunno, I haven't kept up since MP2.

A Feddie Story

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
The last mechpack (MP3) added tons of mechs, monsters like Marauder II, Behemoth II and Rapid Coyote, Crab, Fenris(this one just kick ass), etc. Only problem is that you cant get most of them on the single player campaign :(, only a few like the Panther.

Offline Roanoke

The last mechpack (MP3) added tons of mechs, monsters like Marauder II, Behemoth II and Rapid Coyote, Crab, Fenris(this one just kick ass), etc. Only problem is that you cant get most of them on the single player campaign :(, only a few like the Panther.

I don't recall that one. IIRC I've got MW4, Blacknight, Clan & IS Packs and Mercenaries. I thought that was all of them ?

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
The Mechpacks are free mechpack addons for MW4: Mercenaries, done by the fans.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Roanoke, take a look here foe this pack: http://www.mektek.net/joomla/index.php

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I never got those paks working. Says something about a hacked copy of MERCs... :nervous:

EDIT: Has anyone else found it stupid how a Shadow Cat can be destroyed by a single LRM salvo? Or the fact that an Uziels arms seem to cary a PPC and five lasers? (MW4 Vengance intro)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 08:58:32 pm by thesizzler »