Hosted Projects - Standalone > Archived Star Wars Conversion Threads

wanna help us??

<< < (3/16) > >>

--- Quote ---Originally posted by c914
i say why not im still learnig and i want learn more.
I know enought to create any weapon i tables what i want.
Pof editor and models ( ive create 6 full models but ony 4 are work very well in game:D  ).
--- End quote ---

you are in.

You'll start making lods, debris, fixing some stuff, pofediting, and hopefully you'll start making full ships soon

--- Quote ---Originally posted by TIMMAY
I have actually converted all of the XWA ships into 3DS models with the textures in 8bit BMP. If you want i can rar/zip them up and upload them for you.

I have also converted a few into POF models that work in game along with Rebel/Imperial Lasers, Ion Cannons, Concussion Missiles and Proton Torpedoes..

The Models lack LoD's and Debris mainly because this is for the Emperors Hammer and as a Beta release we are planning on just getting a working game out there.

Screenshots so Far - http://www.ehnet.org/mb/viewtopic.php?t=75

Developer Log - http://www.ehnet.org/mb/viewtopic.php?t=4
--- End quote ---

Well we'll not use xwa stuff, but I'm pretty interested in a clan who played the Week of War working on the gameplay balance;)
ohhh the good old days on the zone:)
You also may be interested in our work, as far as I can see... and we have OPTs from Darksabers to convert.......

--- Quote ---Originally posted by akeizm
If you like, I can upload my first fs2 ship I made.  I just started making a texture for it when I got lazy (Cause there was no real point to me finishing it).

To be honost, I havn't got that much experience in modeling.  I havn't been doing it for long.  I'm currently studing a Bachlor of Applied Multimedia (About to start 2nd year).  I already have a Cert II in Multimedia.  Both of those courses have some 3dsmax work.
--- End quote ---

We can obviously use another tester, and if you want to give it a try with models/textures, you welcome. As with c-914, we'll give you to do something easy first, maybe lods, debris or other stuff, and as soon as you get enough experience, you'll start something more complex

akeizm:
I guess I can give modeling a go.  Just what is expected?  I still have to learn how to set the models up properly.  The ship I made did get into the game, I had hitpoints and moved etc.  But I couldn't get the guns to shoot....It had no textures either.  But hey, it was a start.

Just for some modeling reference these are the pics of the Cap ship I made.  (Note it has been updated since those screenshots, but not much.  My friend reduced some of the redundant polys and I've also made the hangerbay smaller.)

http://members.optushome.com.au/akeizm/model/

Miburo:
My offer as FREDer still is avalaile, also making effects shouldn't be problem, of course its depending which kind of a effects?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version