Hosted Projects - Standalone > WoD Archive

RELEASE - Wings of Dawn

<< < (113/114) > >>

chief1983:
Also, you said you can't use 3.7.2 because of the startup errors, but as Spoon mentioned, those errors are hopefully just the warnings that have been added to the game engine to identify potentially incorrect mod data.  If you continue through them, you should get into the game.  If that's the case, Release should work and not have the errors.  But running Debug 3.7.2 and posting that log could give more potentially helpful information.  But it sounds like your folder structure is in need of some attention.

Not sure what you mean about messing with the Core file, WoD-Core.vp is still being loaded but you have 105 loose files outside of VPs in your WoD data folder.  And 16 loose files in your FreeSpace2 data folder.  And, that log file shows a clean exit from player select., not sure what 'same result' you're getting as that doesn't look like any sort of crash or problem.

AdmiralRalwood:

--- Quote from: Spoon on May 26, 2015, 10:39:04 am ---
--- Quote from: jedi19941 on May 26, 2015, 06:48:44 am ---Now how do i use the save file for both build?

--- End quote ---
Well it's good that it works for you with 3.6.14 at least! But unforunately, you cannot use the same save file, since the scp changed how freespace saves pilot files some time during last year. So pilot files between .12 and .14 etc are incompatible with 3.7.0

--- End quote ---
Mostly true; however, FSO will automatically convert pilots from the old format to the new format (if a corresponding pilot file with the same name doesn't already exist in the new format).

tomimaki:

--- Quote from: Spoon on May 26, 2015, 10:39:04 am ---
--- Quote from: tomimaki on May 26, 2015, 07:21:06 am ---...
Missing MV_Assets.3612.vp, MV_Effects.3612.vp, MV_Root.3612.vp in mediavps_3612.

--- End quote ---
I see MV_Assets.3612.vp, MV_Effects.3612.vp, MV_Root.3612.vp in there

--- End quote ---
Huh? I don't see them in first or second log.

Spoon:

--- Quote from: tomimaki on May 26, 2015, 07:02:32 pm ---Huh? I don't see them in first or second log.

--- End quote ---

--- Code: ---Found root pack 'D:\Game\Touhou\FreeSpace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Advanced.vp' with a checksum of 0x4b8b0f5a
Found root pack 'D:\Game\Touhou\FreeSpace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_AnimGlows.vp' with a checksum of 0x6a554026
Found root pack 'D:\Game\Touhou\FreeSpace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.vp' with a checksum of 0x529cc70f
Found root pack 'D:\Game\Touhou\FreeSpace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.vp' with a checksum of 0xb9a9a485
Found root pack 'D:\Game\Touhou\FreeSpace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Music.vp' with a checksum of 0xb3e21469
Found root pack 'D:\Game\Touhou\FreeSpace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.vp' with a checksum of 0x6ffd5c78
--- End code ---

(also, I don't think freespace counts as a danmaku shooter..!)

jedi19941:

--- Quote from: chief1983 on May 26, 2015, 11:28:36 am ---Also, you said you can't use 3.7.2 because of the startup errors, but as Spoon mentioned, those errors are hopefully just the warnings that have been added to the game engine to identify potentially incorrect mod data.  If you continue through them, you should get into the game.  If that's the case, Release should work and not have the errors.  But running Debug 3.7.2 and posting that log could give more potentially helpful information.  But it sounds like your folder structure is in need of some attention.

--- End quote ---

Using 3.7.2 build, i gave up after the 11th error message. I'll try to use the Debug build, then.

--- Quote from: chief1983 on May 26, 2015, 11:28:36 am ---Not sure what you mean about messing with the Core file, WoD-Core.vp is still being loaded but you have 105 loose files outside of VPs in your WoD data folder.  And 16 loose files in your FreeSpace2 data folder.  And, that log file shows a clean exit from player select., not sure what 'same result' you're getting as that doesn't look like any sort of crash or problem.

--- End quote ---
Mostly about editing tables. But like i said, i couldn't find a VP editor which works properly, i have to extract the whole VP.
The same result i get is on mission 12, as soon as i hit commit, the background music plays for about 5 second. Then the game freeze up, and just stop working.
The clean exit you saw must have been my fault. When the game freeze up, it pop up errors messages that i cannot switch to. Pressing SpaceBar usually choose the option to close the program by defaut, but there was the fs2o launcher. I must have hit the button multiple time, it runs 3 Fs2o process at once.
Here's another log from 3.7.0 debug build, I'm gonna check the 3.7.2 build again now.

Edit: Tried to use 3.7.2. Error messages comes from ships.tbl

ships.tbl(line 1046) <and many other lines as well>:
Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:] or [$Name], found [$Closeup_pos:               0.0, 0.0, -38].

ntdll.dll! KiFastSystemCallRet
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2.exe! <no symbol>

I should have paste this sooner. I'm sorry.

[attachment deleted by nobody]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version