Hosted Projects - Standalone > WoD Archive

Spoon being a drama llama

(1/5) > >>

Spoon:
(Offtopic posts removed. This may seem like overreacting to you people but you got to realize that it is incredibly frustrating for me to seeing 20 new posts a day for the BP section, where every little thing is being discussed indepth. Whereas WoD gets 5 nonsense posts every 3 days  :doubt:
I've poured my heart and soul into this project for over a year and a half. If the community doesn't care then at least tell me straight up. Then I can just stop bothering instead of seeing my hopes dashed every day on HLP.)

The E:
Are you serious?

You can't compare the feedback a completely new project gets to the sequel to one of the most beloved campaigns ever.

If anything, the existence of this board proves the community cares, or at least that the influential guys care.

You do realize that, as magnificent as your work is, it's also vastly different from what came before, and that people need to adjust to that otherness first?
It's still brilliant work, but you shouldn't compare it to WiH. Compare it to TVWP, or ASW, or even Inferno.

Hell, you made it into most peoples' "must-play" list within hours of release. That's way more successful than what most other mods can claim.

AndrewofDoom:
Realize big boards take time to accumulate in size. It's nothing wrong to have a little offtopic posting, because things like the little discussion on "Who's The Stig?" could've became a meme for WoD...or would've just been funny. I think by deleting them, you're discouraging people from wanting to post here.

Quanto:

--- Quote from: The E on September 16, 2010, 06:59:38 am ---Are you serious?

You can't compare the feedback a completely new project gets to the sequel to one of the most beloved campaigns ever.

If anything, the existence of this board proves the community cares, or at least that the influential guys care.

You do realize that, as magnificent as your work is, it's also vastly different from what came before, and that people need to adjust to that otherness first?
It's still brilliant work, but you shouldn't compare it to WiH. Compare it to TVWP, or ASW, or even Inferno.

Hell, you made it into most peoples' "must-play" list within hours of release. That's way more successful than what most other mods can claim.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: AndrewofDoom on September 16, 2010, 07:11:09 am ---Realize big boards take time to accumulate in size. It's nothing wrong to have a little offtopic posting, because things like the little discussion on "Who's The Stig?" could've became a meme for WoD...or would've just been funny. I think by deleting them, you're discouraging people from wanting to post here.

--- End quote ---

Truer words couldn't have been spoken.  Its only been what? 3 weeks since release? And you got a forum of your own and your very own weeaboo fanclub? Thats a pretty awesome achievement if you ask me.

General Battuta:
I can totally understand your frustration Spoon, but I think we're all doing the best we can to point players your way. And I also think you're picking up both players and support at a much higher rate than most first campaigns do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version