Hosted Projects - Standalone > Diaspora Multiplayer Open Beta

Community proposal: server wait time

<< < (2/2)

jr2:
try portforward.com and look for the directions for your router.

jg18:

--- Quote from: karajorma on October 01, 2012, 10:55:38 am ---Linux and Mac stability are non-existent since the standalone is PC only at the moment. It could probably be daemonised pretty easily but so far no Linux or Mac coders have turned up to do it.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what you mean by daemonize or how it would solve things. The standalone GUI is MFC, right? In which case, we'd need to port it to wxWidgets (or some other cross-platform GUI toolkit) to make it cross-platform, right?

As you may remember, we talked semi-recently about the wx standalone GUI port that Spicious made a few years back. If someone were able to get it working, tested, and cleaned up (if needed), that would work, right? I'd be interested in working on that, but I have no idea when I'd have the time... :sigh:

EDIT: Although integrating the wx standalone GUI into the codebase would then require making a wxWidgets install available to the FSO build system. Well, IIRC OS X 10.5 and up (maybe even 10.4) ship with some version of wxWidgets pre-installed, so we might be able to use that, not sure. Presumably we'd still keep the MFC standalone GUI for Windows, though?

karajorma:
Making wxWidgets a requirement was one of the main reasons I'd prefer to have the standalone made into a daemon rather than just porting the interface. :D

Although that might just be due to the ridiculous hoops I found myself having to jump through when I was trying to get wxLauncher to build.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version