Hosted Projects - Standalone > Diaspora 3rd Party Missions, Mods & Campaigns

Mission Jumping

<< < (3/4) > >>

AdmiralRalwood:

--- Quote from: karajorma on November 23, 2016, 09:38:58 pm ---You'll need a tool to extract the mission from the VP file mentioned above. I've always just used VPView for the most part but others can recommend one which is easier to use.

--- End quote ---
My personal preference is VPGUI, which has drag-and-drop functionality.

piRatemasterYT:
I'm looking at the original Diaspora campaign missions and only finding ways to frak them up.

Any progress on that jumping guide adaptation to Diaspora while I wait for a keyboard with a numpad?

Nightstorm:
In short, you don't actually "jump".  What you do is have the jump effects, all of which are laid out in Mission 3 of Diaspora and you Fade out the screen.  While it's faded out,  you re-arrange the battlespace out of sight of the player.

1. You limit DRADIS range to say 60KM, this prevent any previous debris from being targetable as you can't remove debris.
2. You vanish any ships that are remaining except for the player.
3. You remove the skybox, background, star ect and replace them with the new ones you want, presuming you're jumping to a new location.
4. You add in any ships you want at the new location that is greater than 60KM from the previous location.
5. You move the player ship to the new location with coordinate SEXP.
6. You reversed the jump effects and Fade back In.  - Jump Complete.

Of course you had to enable ALT-J and reset it, and the jumping ship has to have a jump drive.

piRatemasterYT:
Ah, that sounds right. I wasn't expecting to jump, but I didn't know until recently that fading out meant fading to white, which I discovered was possible. Most of what you said will take some scavenging but I can figure something out.

xenocartographer:
Axem's got an in-mission jump script that I could modify to play nicely with Diaspora if you'd like.

As for not having a numpad - I'm in something of the same boat, but there is a solution! On my numpad-less laptop, turning numlock on remaps some of the keys on the right-hand side to work like one, which may work for you. Alternatively, there are programs out there to remap keys, which you could use to emulate a numpad; this is what I did before figuring out numlock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version