Hosted Projects - Standalone > Diaspora Multiplayer Open Beta

Proposal of help for the balancing of weapons and ships.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Anardil:
"And, speaking more generally, it seems to me that you're doing FSO modding the really really old-school pre-FSO way by directly replacing tbl files. We have extensive mechanisms to allow modders to only change the aspects of the game that they absolutely need to change; see this page on the wiki for reference."
OK thanks for these notes :) ; but, it also works with the modification of .tbl, so it's usable by the team working on Diaospora, right?

karajorma:
Auto Aim was deliberately turned off in multi and IIRC never worked in medium difficulty which is the default for TvT anyway.

But it's also worth mentioning that since multiplayer didn't work that well, Diaspora multi never took off so we never really balanced it properly.

I'm certainly more than happy to work with anyone who has ideas on how to improve the game.

Colonol Dekker:
Needs more 6 👍👍

The E:

--- Quote from: Anardil on May 20, 2021, 08:50:03 am ---OK thanks for these notes :) ; but, it also works with the modification of .tbl, so it's usable by the team working on Diaospora, right?

--- End quote ---

What you're doing works, yes, but it also makes it very hard to see what you actually changed.

Seriously, I strongly recommend you join the HLP discord and get started on converting your work to Knossos so that it's easier for people to check out your work.

Anardil:
At Karajorma :

"but it also makes it very hard to see what you actually changed."

ok, so Diaspora is still developing?
and are you very interested in my mods?
or can I make a list of my proposals for the game mechanics?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version