Author Topic: The FSU Pimp Video  (Read 72709 times)

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
hmm, nice thread here, glad i've been reminded of it

i like that music of yours, reeks of FS, which is very nice
as long as the video also pimps BSG, as BSG is very pimpable (you should see our maneuvering thruster effect)
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Any news or progress on this? I'd love to be able to advertise the SCP on the GamePolitics Forum, which is a pretty high-traffic site, something like this would be perfect for it :)

I should probably get back into the swing of things soon. I'm gonna see if i cant rework the entire SCP showcase in a more decent manner than anything else. By decent, I mean with a proper storyline this time, and probably in 1024x768 as opposed to 640x480 :D
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Does anyone have the video editing/composing skillz for this? Does anyone have the time to do all the video capturing necessary with FRAPS?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Well, if you need more music ideas put together, just let me know, I can, if wanted, post a few pieces, and people can pick their favourite, or choose to go with another piece entirely. It's up to you guys really :)

Offline Turambar

did anyone download the agnus dei track from the link at the very top of this page?

if so, could they send it to me or something?  please?
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Adiago for Strings, you mean? "Linky"?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Turambar

yes, linky

linky is brokey

Offline CaptJosh

I would fix the linky if I could, but I need some proper webhosting space in which to do so. BTW, Turambar, I tried to e-mail it to you, but it didn't go through. The file is rather large though.

Also, if anyone has some webspace to burn, I could use some to simply host this file and then fix the link.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Been playing around with this for the last few days, thought I'd get people's opinion...

http://www.aqsx85.dsl.pipex.com/FSU-A.mp3

It's kinda hard to compose in 4/4, been using too much 3/3 lately ;)

Excellent, but am i the only one suffering from skipping?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 05:52:32 am by aldo_14 »

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
ive listened to it, and had a few ideas that are being FREDded out as we speak. :)
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Yeah, there's problems with the FTP site from the looks of things, I've been having them for about a week or two :(

Looking forward to seeing what happens :D

Offline PotzUK

• PyroPort
Listening to that music makes me think (in this order):

Yea could work...
hmm - Elite / Frontier series :)
err... Alton Towers!

:lol:

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
:lol: Don't, I once spent 5 hours working on a tune only to realise that the countermelody was 'The A Team' theme :/

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
:lol: That stinks. :p

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
*Kills Sandwich for writing a comment that could be interpreted as a suggestion that the A-Team tune stinks*

:p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Hah! Actually, I don't know that I've ever heard the A-Team tune; for some reason, I never watched it as a kid.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
well, on an "evolution of the game" point of view, you could always shoot for fat boy slim's "right here right now", or somesuch.

or go for something with a hint of rock, or epic feel to it.

just a note, Sandy, thanks for the "Hall of the mountain king" it's the perfect music to plot by  :p
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 09:35:51 pm by Turnsky »
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken