Author Topic: Apple Vs Samsung  (Read 5483 times)

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
not to worry.  we can't be far away from the next fad by now.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Who fights by the sword will die by the sword. That's completely unsurprising.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
RIM and Microsoft must be pissing themselves with laughter. Especially if both phones manage to get themselves banned from America.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
that would actually be funny.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
RIM and Microsoft must be pissing themselves with laughter. Especially if both phones manage to get themselves banned from America.

I think RIM should find a viable business model and decent products before they start laughing. The BlackBerry is a complete joke nowadays, and I actually used to use one.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
RIM's problem is they became complacent.
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
RIM's problem is they became complacent.

And ignored the consumer market.  Whomever was responsible for that business decision should have been shot and dumped in the St. Lawrence - figuratively speaking.

We use BlackBerry Torch 9800s at work, and they are leaps and bounds behind the Android and iPhone models that were available at the time (no comment on Windows phones, hadn't used them).  We're hoping the BB10 will be better, as there's no way government is going to switch to Android/iPhone devices.

RIM can start laughing at the Android/Apple shenanigans when they put out a functional and competitive device.  Until they can manage that, they're better to keep their heads down and their engineers working overtime.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
One weird thing about RIM is they're virtually unknown here in China. I have no idea how they can possibly expect to be successful when they leave the largest market on the planet to be dominated by Apple/Android instead of cutting themselves a large slice of the action.

One weird thing about RIM is they're virtually unknown here in China. I have no idea how they can possibly expect to be successful when they leave the largest market on the planet to be dominated by Apple/Android instead of cutting themselves a large slice of the action.
Another weird thing about RIM is that they're still large and healthy here in the grossly oversaturated cellphone market of Argentina. May have something to do with them assembling phones here in Tierra del Fuego, but it's still weird to me when I read all these rants about RIM being near-death as a company, because south here a large segment of the market is still quite loyal to RIM and their Blackberries and wouldn't change them for all the Androids and iPhones in the world.

Me? I love Android. And I hate patent trolls of any kind.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
They're also very popular in the UK. In China I can use the default ringtones and message beeps quite safely but as soon as I get to Heathrow Airport I keep thinking I'm getting called or texted. :D