Author Topic: Maybe a noob proplem  (Read 5207 times)

Offline Night Shadow

• Hey
Maybe a noob proplem
Hi, i feal my self a bit noob asking this kind of question, but here i go.

I used freespacepoeninstaller to upgrade my freespace 2. Installation go well, but when running "launcher.exe" i keep getting message
"The instruction at "0x0040e67e" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read

Stop program clicking OK
MOve errorfixingmode clicking Cancel"

Bit hars translation for my languge but its mostly what it sayd. I dont thing proplem is the launher. I got same proplem with Starship troopers game while trying to launch it. In that case, i run autolaunch feature but keep getting same respond. I dont have any idea how to fix this.
If anyone got any idea to fix this, tha could be great.

Offline vamitul

Re: Maybe a noob proplem
there was an old ms-dos command, that fixed any software problem: "c:\>format c:"  or something like that  :p ;)

seriously... it's probably a windows problem.
In 1807 Dracula was feeding with the blood of young virgins.
We are sorry to report that in 2007 Count Dracula was found dead in his mansion, due to extreme starvation.

Offline Night Shadow

• Hey
there was an old ms-dos command, that fixed any software problem: "c:\>format c:"  or something like that  :p ;)

Sorry, but dont take me as that noob, that command Sweeps my C:\  station clean.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Get the latest Launcher, try that.

*is proud of himself for remembering the web address for fs2 exes without having to look it up*
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions

I know you were just joking, but please don't post that sort of thing around the source code forums. We get a wide range of people coming through and one person might be unlucky enough to give your "advice" a go.

Offline Night Shadow

• Hey
Get the latest Launcher, try that.

*is proud of himself for remembering the web address for fs2 exes without having to look it up*
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes

I tryed several times, no luck  :sigh:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Can you post your directory listing?  Start->Run, type
Code: [Select]
cmd press enter
type
dir "c:\games\freespace2" /s>"%homepath%\my documents\fs2dir.txt"(replace c:\games\freespace2 with your fs2 dir drive / path as neccessary)
Then, post it, hit "Additional Options", hit "Browse", find your fs2dir.txt file in your My Documents folder, then post it - if you don't see "Additional Options", then hit the "Preview" button first, then it will show up.

K?  :)

I know you were just joking, but please don't post that sort of thing around the source code forums. We get a wide range of people coming through and one person might be unlucky enough to give your "advice" a go.

If someone knows what the command prompt is, I'm pretty sure they've heard of "formatting" before. If not, the world has a place for people who can't understand computers... we call them Mac users...

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
That's as maybe. I know it's a stupid idea, you know it's a stupid idea. But someone somewhere might not and I (as an admin) would feel really stupid if I overlooked this and some poor guys system gets wiped as a result. Therefore, better safe than sorry :)

Offline vamitul

ok. sorry about the bad joke. but there might be a bit of truth in what i said. He said he had the same problem running another game. Therefor i think it's a windows problem. maybe old drivers, maybe a corrupt windows  install..
In 1807 Dracula was feeding with the blood of young virgins.
We are sorry to report that in 2007 Count Dracula was found dead in his mansion, due to extreme starvation.

Offline Night Shadow

• Hey
Can you post your directory listing?  Start->Run, type
cmd press enter
type
dir "c:\games\freespace2" /s>"%homepath%\my documents\fs2dir.txt"(replace c:\games\freespace2 with your fs2 dir drive / path as neccessary)
Then, post it, hit "Additional Options", hit "Browse", find your fs2dir.txt file in your My Documents folder, then post it - if you don't see "Additional Options", then hit the "Preview" button first, then it will show up.

K?  :)

Here you go, sorry the delay. So busy in RL

[attachment deleted by admin]