Author Topic: Ancients 4  (Read 4272 times)

Offline QuakeIV

• test
I found this on Went'z channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhJckdJ3oQU

I then went to the fsport media VPs and I found an Ancients 4 cutscene to hopefully get a better resolution copy, but it was only 55 seconds long instead of like 3 minutes.  Any idea what happened there?  I seek the 3 minute version if possible.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The section of the cutscene after the 55 second mark is not an official cutscene.  It is a fan-made cutscene by IceyJones.  Here is the release thread and here is the WIP thread, although his contributions don't start until midway through page 3.

The original download link is broken, but you can find it mirrored here on the FSMods archive.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
Much appreciated, I now have .avi and .ogg files in hand.  It now appears Wentz' upload is in fact a concatenation of the video in the mediavps and this.  I have an additional ask, do you know if his version of the audio went anywhere?  This is definitely the video but is definitely not the same audio.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I think that was custom-created for the merged version.  He is still in contact with the voice actress, and he composes music, so I believe all of that audio is new.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I contacted IceyJones a while back, asking if he still had the files. Said they were on an old PC in the cellar...       who knows, maybe we will get a re-render eventually?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
The biggest problem i had with the IceyJones expansion were the upside down Chronos freighters  :nervous:
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I never understood this problem to be honest. Up vs down? In space? And it made total sense to me that these vessels could fly belly-up (given the prevalence of anti-grav tech in the setting) to dock to cargo more quickly.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.