Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 48294 times)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I have a Lowe. It's been a ****ing disaster so far. Actually draining my money.
Sounds like that's one Lowe quality tank.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Eight matches so far.

Basically it's one end or the other with it. Either I roll up driving the Avatar of Death Itself, Steel Wall at more than 80% health and five kills, or I get slaughtered by lighter tanks. Two wins, six losses.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I'll take the time to note that by the time you're at Tier 5, you have absolutely no excuse for not training your crew to 75% right off the bat.  No excuse at all.  100k credits is nothing compared to the million plus tanks you'll be buying in a couple tiers, and 75% is almost immeasurably better than 50.  Save yourself some grief.
I've only trained the gunner so far, who should I train next? I'm thinking maybe the loader or driver.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Well, what I mean is you should buy the tank with a pre-trained 75% crew or train your crew BEFORE you start actually using it.

In the event you don't do that, in this order: Commander, Gunner, Loader, Driver, anyone else.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Eight matches so far.

Basically it's one end or the other with it. Either I roll up driving the Avatar of Death Itself, Steel Wall at more than 80% health and five kills, or I get slaughtered by lighter tanks. Two wins, six losses.

I'm not familiar with how you play it, but my friend has a Löwe aswell and he says that it's a real moneymaker.
He plays it more "defensively"... I could say I think. Meaning he's not always the first one to charge and stays a bit behind to give support fire.

Which is strange because knowing him he IS the first one to go in and get himself killed >_>
Habeeb it...

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Doesn't the lowe have a very accurate gun? I barely ever see them up front where they can get surrounded by other tanks.

Offline crizza

Holy mother of mercy...
I normaly hate Arctic Regions...but I just playerd it with my Panzer4, the longe range gun...and defended the base against two medium, three TDs and two light tanks...killed six, damaged the seven, became top gun and Steele wall, while my fellow comrades died in seconds....

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I got both top gun and invader in this insane match with my Sturmpanzer II. 8 kills, including one very pissed off Su-26. He called me a noob, but hey I'm not the one who lost. :lol:

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Defeat
Battle: Murovanka Sunday, September 04, 2011 4:38:34 AM
Vehicle: Ram-II
Experience received: 60
Credits received: 4,110

Victory!
Battle: Mountain Pass Sunday, September 04, 2011 4:45:44 AM
Vehicle: Ram-II
Experience received: 2,392 (doubled for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 33,456
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun

Just another day in the Ram-II. Open and shut tank.

A Feddie Story

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
They also released a rough schedule through the end of 2012 regarding what new stuff comes out when, including tree rearrangements, new tanks, new trees, and new game modes.

A Feddie Story

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
So we got the french tanks. And for the first four tiers it's "disregard gun and speed, acquire armor" and after that it's "disregard armor, acquire gun and speed".

And.

And.

My god, whoever designed the AMX 40 was a moron. Let's make everything all sloped so it's difficult to cast and then let's make sure it's as few sperate pieces as possible making them huge and difficult to cast and impossible to repair without tearing the tank apart and putting in a new one of the THREE PIECES THAT ARE EACH THE SIZE OF A SMALL CAR AND TAKE OVER A DAY TO CAST EACH we made the tank's hull out of and we're goddamn morons who understand nothing about production or maintenance of motor vehicles!

Sorry, had to get that out of my system.

A Feddie Story

Well, some Shermans had cast hulls, and everything worked pretty nice (sure they did have some things to ease maintenance such as the ability to pull out the whole hull nose with the gearbox inside it to allow quick and easy replacing).
A few of em were even cast/welded hybrids.

As for the French tanks, the hitpoint system seems to give them an advantage now- they sacrifice armor for speed and firepower, but even without armor they're nearly immune to mid-Tier tanks due to having lots of health.
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
The minimal armor on high-tier French tanks is actually a defense in itself against AP, it just goes in one side and out the other.

Regarding the Sherman, the US had the industrial capacity to not only do such a thing and still achieve reasonable production figures but also to create the tools necessary to repair them in the field. Pre-WW2 France, not so much. (Seriously the story of the French defense industries prior to the war is a very sad, very convoluted tale of how not to organize and design.)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 09:19:53 am by NGTM-1R »

A Feddie Story

Offline Eolis

*the lurker stop lurking*

Wow, i never saw that WoT thread before, i'm not a good lurker it seems. Anyway, french tank is awesome, try the AMX 13 90 ... it chew high tier stuff like Sathanas chew a Deimos !

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
So they've announced the Brits, with their release tree.

If the Centurion Mark 5-Mark 9 does not beat the **** out of T-54s, I will be somewhat upset.

A Feddie Story

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I started playing this over weekends too.

THE_TrashMan. I mostly roll with german tanks.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline CKid

Right now, I am more concerned about the super pershing. That thing will most likely mess up the match maker worse then the Type 59s when it comes out. As for the Brit tanks, I got no idea what kind of play style they will have. Will have to wait and see.

Same user name as used on this forum.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline crizza

Since playing my german tanks...it is sick to pit a Tiger2 against tanks which entered service after WW2, so the german tree is right now pretty useless...