Author Topic: [FA] - Getting the ball rolling  (Read 33859 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
[FA] - Getting the ball rolling
Gotcha. Updating now.

Originally posted by TopAce
It's the reason I do not like send-message-list very much.

It has it's uses and it's very good at what it's supposed to do. Just never imagine that it's meant to be a replacement for send-message. :)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2004, 04:38:08 pm by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
hmmmm, i think i might drop the mission im working on and let someone else do it, coz my comp is really screwing up.

Ill zipup all the mission that ive done so far and post here.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Yo. Can you guys assign me a mission?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You know, you're allowed to pick your own mission...
Originally posted by karajorma in the other thread
pick out something you like the look of that hasn't been assigned.  Feel free to pick out something difficult as we'll help you get the hang of stuff you don't know how to do yet :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 07:28:49 pm by 561 »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I prefer to let people pick a mission cause that way they can choose something they'd enjoy FREDding rather than simply being stuck with a mission they might not like.  

As I said before pick out something from campaign 3 you like the look of. Once I've confirmed it start FREDding the mission. If you have problem or once you've done as much as you can post a new topic in this forum with the title [FA] Campaign 3 Mission (whatever you pick).

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Originally posted by karajorma
I prefer to let people pick a mission cause that way they can choose something they'd enjoy FREDding rather than simply being stuck with a mission they might not like.  

Are you on the same way of thinking at MindGames? I would not like to work on Mission 18c, if possible.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Feel free to pick something else if there is something you feel you could do better justice.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I'm taking Campaign 2, Mission 4 (The one in subspace) :D How good is it?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 06:01:13 pm by 2299 »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline JR2000Z

:blah:

Actually I belileve Singh did Campaign 2. The whole thing.
I finally destoryed the Shivan armada and all I got was this lousy T shirt.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Don't let that stop you giving it a try though. We'll just see who makes the better version. Remember that Singh worked on his own while you'll have the help of the FA testers :)

Cobra I had suggested trying campaign 3 originally but the mission you picked is fine. I've adjusted the first post to assign you Campaign 2 like you asked.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 06:55:15 pm by 340 »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by karajorma
Don't let that stop you giving it a try though. We'll just see who makes the better version. Remember that Singh worked on his own while you'll have the help of the FA testers :)

Cobra I had suggested trying campaign 3 originally but the mission you picked is fine. I've adjusted the first post to assign you Campaign 2 like you asked.

Whoops. I read fast, about a 150 words a minute, so I overlooked your suggesting of campaign 3.

:confused: So what, we actually MAKE the missions and campaigns? Maybe I'll take campaign 3... Is it too late???

And to add a little bit... My ****ing FRED2 program keeps crashing on the first mission of my new campaign. It's probably because I added a custom Orion nameplate. :doubt:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 07:13:15 pm by 2299 »

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Cobra

:confused: So what, we actually MAKE the missions and campaigns?

:nod:

The idea is to get a few of the more expert FREDers to help people get a bit of experience in mission making through collaborative development, whilst also creating some nifty campaigns.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Oooohhh, right. ;)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
And to add a little bit... My ****ing FRED2 program keeps crashing on the first mission of my new campaign. It's probably because I added a custom Orion nameplate. :doubt:

There are two options to the nameplate replacement system. One replaces the model. Use that one.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I've really got to get the other one fixed...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Ye gods and damnation, my browser SUCKS! The spoilers don't show up so I can't really tell what they are!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Um... the spoilers are meant to not show up.  They're spoilers.  Do you know what a spoiler is?

If you want to read the spoiler, simply highlight the black area.

And please watch your language.  Both here and in your other threads.  This is a family-friendly forum.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester

There are several reasons FRED can crash. Are you sure this is the problem?
If you do not want to struggle on, create a new thread and give us that mission. One of us could actually fix the problem for you, if you are not enough persistant. Otherwise, keep up with patience. You learn twice more if you hunt down and kill a bug on your own than with help.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 04:05:13 am by 1079 »
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by Goober5000
Um... the spoilers are meant to not show up.  They're spoilers.  Do you know what a spoiler is?

If you want to read the spoiler, simply highlight the black area.

And please watch your language.  Both here and in your other threads.  This is a family-friendly forum.

Sorry. And how was I supposed to know that? I'm new to forums, remember???

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by TopAce

There are several reasons FRED can crash. Are you sure this is the problem?
If you do not want to struggle on, create a new thread and give us that mission. One of us could actually fix the problem for you, if you are not enough persistant. Otherwise, keep up with patience. You learn twice more if you hunt down and kill a bug on your own than with help.

Well, yeah, it never started crashing before I made the nameplate.