Author Topic: Afterburners, or The Most Misleading Subject Ever  (Read 65902 times)

Offline Topgun

Re: Afterburners, or The Most Misleading Subject Ever
am I the only one that thought ANH sucked? even AotC was better. ok, maybe not AotC. but still...

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
WHAT!???!

ANH was the best one!

Offline aRaven

maybe TopAce first started watching starwars prequels before the classic trilogy :D.

ps: the prequels: epic fail.

I sincerely think Lucas had made a luckshot with ANH. TESB was directed by Kershner (very good) and ROTJ was ass, too.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
...or maybe not, but hell we're talking about ROTS here). ...
I think you mean ROTJ ... :p
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
maybe TopAce first started watching starwars prequels before the classic trilogy :D...

And you concluded that based on my not hating RotJ?

By the way, no. I watched the originals first. Why I even liked the prequels was because I like Jedi action, and I think Palpatine's double identity is a great idea. But, of course, that's strictly related to afterburners. :D
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline aRaven

maybe TopAce first started watching starwars prequels before the classic trilogy :D...

And you concluded that based on my not hating RotJ?

i concluded that based on you liking AOTC more than ANH :O

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
It isn't me that said that. It was the other "Top". Scroll up.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
That was TopGun not TopAce. You two keep getting mixed up.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
No proof Fenrir!

Offline aRaven

That was TopGun not TopAce. You two keep getting mixed up.

Oops. My bad. :D

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
You know Raven, I keep misreading your name as Revan.

Offline Topgun

I saw ANH first. And I thought it was AWESOME!!!!
because I was about nine.
after I saw ESB I was like, "WOW!!!!"
and then when I saw ANH again I was like, "those stormtroopers are so corny. this movie sucks. I can't believe I liked this stuff.":
ESB and RotJ rulez.
and then ep 1 came out and I was like, "hmm, cool". and when ep 2 came out I was like, "wow, anakin and padme's acting sucked."
and when ep 3 came out, I was like, "pretty cool".
story of my life.

Offline aRaven

You know Raven, I keep misreading your name as Revan.

damn...you revealed my secret identity ^^

I saw ANH first. And I thought it was AWESOME!!!!
because I was about nine.
after I saw ESB I was like, "WOW!!!!"
and then when I saw ANH again I was like, "those stormtroopers are so corny. this movie sucks. I can't believe I liked this stuff.":
ESB and RotJ rulez.
and then ep 1 came out and I was like, "hmm, cool". and when ep 2 came out I was like, "wow, anakin and padme's acting sucked."
and when ep 3 came out, I was like, "pretty cool".
story of my life.

Space is playing the prequel trilogy to promote the kiddie 3d crap coming to theatres. And I watch a bit and I can't believe that Lucas even friggin changed the prequels too! Watched the podrace and there was a bunch of crap put in there that was . . . pointless quite honestly. In the original some guy wipes out in front of Anakin and the pilot compartment narrowly misses Anakin and he's driving around and his mom looks away from the monitor. That was not bad directing. But now, they have the thing fly over his head, then some piece of debris severs Anakin's pod from one of the engines and he's twirling around behind the engines for like a few seconds before he stops spinning for no reason, and pulls out some magic stick to bring his line back to the pod. Oh and halfway through his mom looks away. It's like . . .adding all this random crap kills the pacing. How can a person screw up a mediocre movie even more???

Offline aRaven

I prefer the unused/deleted duel of the fates /naboo batte footage over some ben hur podracing...

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
i thought he used the morce with that 'magic stick'... or it was magnetic

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
I always thought it was a computer spike of some sort, to overload the power thing and boost more power to his engines.

I always thought it was a computer spike of some sort, to overload the power thing and boost more power to his engines.

No, in the "updated" prequel, after the guy in front of Anakin crashes and nearly takes his head off, a piece of debris severs one of his tow cable or engine harnesses or whatever. And after spinning around (but for some reason, not crashing, or hitting the ground) he stops spinning for no reason, and then uses some magnetic pole to grab the loose cable and re-attach it the chariot.

Or basically, Lucas forgot what "build-up" means, and added a bunch of dangers to anakin during the race which makes his confrontation with Sebulba rather tame by comparison.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Wait...so he even screwed with the podrace scene?  That was one of the few portions of episode 1 that I legitimately enjoyed.  Figures...

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
My favorite scene in RotS is when R2 kapows the SBDs at the start of the movie.