Author Topic: update : Jan 28th EACW campaign voiceacting ! ( script here )  (Read 15899 times)

Offline Skullar

Re: update : Oct.29th EACW campaign team voiceacting !
Actually, I dont have to do any fancy outlining, that has been done the last 6 years.....
So its not really quick.

Re: update : Oct.29th EACW campaign team voiceacting !
Just sent my voice samples in .wma format. Sorry, but my computer is dumb.

Offline Skullar

Re: update : Nov. 3rd EACW campaign team voiceacting !
KEN NOGA   aka.   PSI-KILLER sent me his samples yesterday.
General Maxwell Snyder from the RAIDER WARS campaig has his camo appearance now :)

LeGuille, don't bother on that one, I have his stuff here, processed and ready :)

As long as LeGuille is away, contact me and volunteer for roles :)
[email protected]

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Re: update : Nov 3rd EACW campaign team voiceacting !
I was freaking out. Lost the DOC file and forgot I could simply DL again from the thread. I kept searching both my mail accounts (trash/junk folders).

Anyhoo, assuming nothing happens after work tomorrow, my only focus will be the recording of all the lines.

Just wanted to let you know.

[EDIT] my lines are done and DL link sent to Skullar, awaiting direction for any re-recordings...

L8tr!

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 05:51:32 pm by Getter Robo G »
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Skullar

Re: update : Nov 12th EACW campaign team voiceacting !
Unfortunately I am in charge again ! *cry*

Please help to find voiceactors and get them ( AND YOURSELF ) to send samples to me :
[email protected]

I will keep this topic updated :)

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
I'd recommend you to register to Mod-DB forums and ask for help there. Of course, there is the Voice Acting Alliance forum as well.

Here are links for both places:
http://www.moddb.com/forum
http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline Skullar

General Hague has sent most of his stuff, and BILL TRAINOR's part is covered as of now :)

Unfortunately, Getter Robo G stepped back from his role "Geezer" due to technical difficulties. Looks as if there is no more an actor doing Geezer....
Updated the list on first page...

Offline cloneof

I had my voice stuff sendet to Legaulle, but now it would seem he can`t do anything with them  :doubt:.

Tòuche.

Offline Skullar

LeGuille seems to be not available right now and has not forwarded stuff any of you did t me. Please send ME your samples, cloneof :)

Update : BALROK actor hired, still looking for the rest, especially GEEZER, and SPAWN

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Re: update : Nov 14th EACW campaign voiceacting !
I thought your Geezer actor had returned?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Skullar

Yeah, he "showed up", but I never counted on him anyway. He is just as reliable as the weatherforecast 100 years ago, and I had Getter Robo G do the part instead. Getter did a great job, but VERY unfortunately the technical sample quality was beyond salvation, and he does't want to do it all over again ( I fully understand )

Which means my crazy Maniac is still unassigned.

On the other hand there definitely is progress , received parts for Hague and Trainor last day, only a few major characters left.

Offline CaptJosh

Maniac part, like someone who acts like Maniac, from Wing Commander: Prophecy?
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Very much like that.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline CaptJosh

I've played that game often enough. I ought to be able to do a reasonable Maniac facsimile for this, even if I normally detest jocks like that.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Skullar

Well, Wing Commander's MANIAC just was a wanker ( I liked him, though, especially coz he reminded me of the good old BACK TO THE FUTURE films, don't know why ??? ;) )

EACW's Geezer behaves like maniac, but it is more of a stress reaction.
At beginning of EACW he sees two of his friends die right in front of his eyes, and he playes the maniac coz he wants to distract himself from his own memories.
SHADOW, the leader of the Alexander's alpha squad, doesn't appreciate GEEZER's attidude, but with the time being he comes to understand his motives, and... finding new friends, Geezer starts to get normal again. Slowly, of course. Geezer NEVER gets normal again.....

In a way, Geezer's character has some depth, although he seems to play the lunatic.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Well, Wing Commander's MANIAC just was a wanker.  <text cut> EACW's Geezer behaves like maniac,

Ergo, Geezer behaves like a wanker :D.

Offline Skullar

Re: update : Nov 17th EACW campaign voiceacting !
Ever since you brought us RAIDER WARS ( which was a good thing ) you have come to only dropping unproductive one-liners. ( which is a bad thing )     ;)

How about making posts like "Coming along well with my new campaign" or "brought along 23 fredders and 127 voiceactors to help you guys" ?

They should be the truth, of course.... :)

Besides.....

The mission 20 ingame cutscene is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL  ;7

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
truth is based on your own point of view.

And there is a second line ;7: Skullar, stop telling us how great the things you are currently working on are, release it damnit! ;)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Ever since you brought us RAIDER WARS ( which was a good thing ) you have come to only dropping unproductive one-liners. ( which is a bad thing )

After Raider Wars I ended up being the main driving force (at least until Fubar and Vidmaster arrived) behind producing the final, stable, as-complete-as-possible, game core. You know... the one you're using now. This left me with very little time to write campaigns unfortunately. Sorry about that.

Now the core is complete I have started dabbling in mission design again with a small multiplayer campaign which you haven't played. This worked in some ways and not in others. Generally it showed an improvement in my ability to produce *fun* missions, which is a good thing. I have a WIP script for a large campaign. The problem is getting the different plot threads to tie together in a satisfying and coherent manner. When I get that licked I'll start FREDing it. Meanwhile I'm considering another small mutliplayer campaign for extra FRED practice.

Offline Skullar

I am impressed by this detailed explanation !