Author Topic: FS II Xfire group!  (Read 5051 times)

Offline Bas

Hi mates,

I just created a xfire group for Freespace 2, even it isnt supported by xfire as a game. But I guess it is a great idea to get ppl together to play in MP AND we may get the one or another newbie with this if they are seeing our usergroup ;7

If an admin or mod of this forum/Game Warden join the group I am going to give him super rights about the group since they are more familiar with FS 2 than me

I am also going to write a tut about how to join xfire clans and guilds but not immedality

However here is the link: http://de.xfire.com/clans/freespace2/

PS: I posted this in MP section cause I hope on this way we may get the MP a bit more active. ;)
PLUS I can submit matches as events in the calendar so you won't forget them since xfire will remember you in time ;)

:welcomeblue:

well, close enough.

I'm very familiar with xfire, having used it for about a year previously (no, i can't find my old user, it had some rediculously long name because of my clans ranking system) so i might be able to help.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Bas

Well, if ya wanna ya can design a new logo for the group (if you are experienced in gfx) or simple join. (Why not creating a new xfire acc? :P Maybe you can even get your user name back via mailing)

meh, well, i can work on a logo (do you want, like, a squadron-type logo, or something generic freespace? As a squad logo, or any old filetype?) i don't think i'm gonna make an account unless a few more people are interested.

Offline Bas

I think that a general FS 2 Logo would be the best ;)

ok, good, i realized right after i posted i couldn't anyway (  :P ) but i was off for the night.

Offline Bas

If nobody interested in such group? :(

You dont have to get xfire for this, but arent there any xfire users here?

(It is senseless to say that you dont wanna join cause the group is empty this wont change anything - If you are using xfire already than why not joining now? It costs ya nothing ;) (and you dont have disadvantages by joining :P)

However it would be nice to have a helping hand or at least someone to who I can give admin permission because I have some really BIG RL issues and it might happen that I am suddenly not able to access to internet for a long time (I dont know for sure for now)

... meh, fine. i'll ask on monday if i can download... i'm going on a trip with my dad this weeked, and i don't think he wants to talk about computer stuff right now...

I'm interested - Have had Xfire floating around since a game forced me to install it
Never added anyone to it though - never found anyone else who used it!

Has anyone tried its voice chat capabilities yet? I seem to remember hearing it could handle in game voice chat for you, could be a handy addition in co-op games

Shadius

Offline Bas

>>>I'm interested - Have had Xfire floating around since a game forced me to install it

Guess Gothic III?

>>>Has anyone tried its voice chat capabilities yet? I seem to remember hearing it could handle in game voice chat for you, could be a handy addition in co-op games

Cant remember correctly, but should be good enough to be understandable, but not as good as teamspeak afaik

Offline Bas

No other ppl here who have xfire? Only three? Come on!

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
I have it and use it regularly. Ill sign up, but we need to advertise this more. Maybe a nice admin will sticky it for us?
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
I would have to agree. There needed to be an XFire group for this. I've applied and am waiting for you to accept.

(Bout time I stopped lurking too and made a post. DX)
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Bas

Both applications accepted now.  ;7

Offline Bas

One additional application accepted.
Don't hesitate to post here, then I am able to accept you much faster. (I also check out the xfire usergroup for applications daily)

I'll be applying soon, as soon as work settles down and I actually have time to fire up my PC (at the moment I'm only going home to sleep!)

Offline Bas

We know have eight members, so you can use this group now as replacement and/or addition to the NetGV.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I have it and use it regularly. Ill sign up, but we need to advertise this more. Maybe a nice admin will sticky it for us?

If someone starts a new thread with complete instructions on what you need to do I'll sticky it. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
im confused isnt xfire just an ingame text based(in a non vocal way) chat application , and if so why do we need it as we already have this ?

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Couldn't tell you I never use these things. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras