Author Topic: Unable to connect  (Read 2528 times)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
HELP!

I am unable to connect to MP, no matter what I do. I have done everything correctly according to the wiki, I believe. And a year or so ago, I could play it just fine. Now I want to play, and it just doesn't work. Help?

I think it might be due to the Linksys class router though.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
how far do you get ?;
do you get to the pxo screen or not even that far ,
and what build are you using try the latesty build for your os ,

is your pilot still registered? and make sure in the ingame option page that your pilots name and password are still there in the multi options
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
What do you mean? I press the ready button, it goes into logging in, and then the Unable to Connect option comes up.

Everything else is fine. Pilots, settings, etc. I had help on IRC a few weeks ago, and no matter what we did, nothing changed.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
ok so your in the start up lobby of  freespace

go to the barracks / select your pilot and leave the barracks

go to options / in options check the multiplayer settings ... make sure your password and pilot name is there and the tcp is selected / leave options

go to the games

you should get to the lobby pxo screen and your name should be visable/ select games

you should now be in the games screen , / choose a server or create your own / now your in game

at what point does this stop , in game or before
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
If you are using 3.6.10 make sure you have a multi.cfg that is valid in your data directory.  If your unsure just rename it the game will know what to do.  Also there are some old 3.6.10 builds that do not work so make sure you are up to date. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Recluse

Just posted this in another thread...

I couldn't connect to the FS2NETD with the 3.6.10 from Turey's Installer, but using the latest nightly build it worked fine to get into the 3.6.10 Test Server. Using an older 3.6.9 also got me connected to the FS2NET without problem.

I noticed that the .cfg file as installed had the IP address rather than the server address, but pinging the server showed that the IP was correct. I changed it to the address in case the IP changes so DNS will take care of it.

Recluse

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Just posted this in another thread...

I couldn't connect to the FS2NETD with the 3.6.10 from Turey's Installer, but using the latest nightly build it worked fine to get into the 3.6.10 Test Server. Using an older 3.6.9 also got me connected to the FS2NET without problem.

I noticed that the .cfg file as installed had the IP address rather than the server address, but pinging the server showed that the IP was correct. I changed it to the address in case the IP changes so DNS will take care of it.

Recluse

First lesson of asking for info at HLP, don't post the same question in different boards/topics etc. You should always use the nightly builds, the 3.6.10 builds in tureys will be almost useless to you.

Offline Recluse

I wasn't asking for help, I was offering it. Nowhere else in the thread did anyone give the advice that the Installer's 3.6.10 wouldn't connect. Thought I would give someone else the benefit of my long night of banging my head against the wall until I figured it out.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I wasn't asking for help, I was offering it. Nowhere else in the thread did anyone give the advice that the Installer's 3.6.10 wouldn't connect. Thought I would give someone else the benefit of my long night of banging my head against the wall until I figured it out.

Oh Okay, seems I misread your first post.