Author Topic: BP 3.6.10 (OLD)  (Read 44104 times)

Offline eliex

Confirmed - link works.

Hello, just to inform you:

I had the "Keepers of Hell" CTD too, but it happened only the first time. The second time i played the mission, it worked without crashes. Perhaps it's a matter of luck  :P

It happens in my personal mod too if I use the 3.6.10 build instead of 3.6.9. But crashes everytime, no luck there  :(

So, it could be a sound, maybe, or a model or an effect that doesn't load properly in "Keepers of Hell"?
Working on the Freespace 2 spanish translation. In case you want to play the game in castillian, click here. You'll need some spanish there, though, sorry :p

If you want your mod/campaign translated to spanish, please PM me or send me an e-mail message.

I could translate from spanish to english too, if you want, but it wouldn't be perfect, not at all. For spanish->english translations comes better an english native with spanish knowledge.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
A debug log would help.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

The AoA root files direct link is dead again. The others work fine though, and I was able to download the root files by clicking on the "Browse Darius's public files" link at the top of the pages for the other files, so the root files link just needs to be updated.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 04:43:14 pm by WetNavySailor »
Trading one crazy place for another...

Just wondering if it is completed? New to all of this and just installed FSO from Turey. Have not even tried to start game yet. I am trying to download all the campaigns (single player) because I am moving to Costa Rica soon and will not have internet.
Any and all Suggestions welcome since I am a total noob. I have been into X3 but am looking for something a little different.

Thank You All

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Hrm? Yes, this is a complete campaign. We've got a slightly polished-up version with voice acting in the works, but for now, this one's the definite version of the masterpiece.

Enjoy! And don't be afraid to turn the difficulty down and curse a lot on 'Forced Entry'. (Hint: Herc II, two banks of Trebuchets, Balor and Prometheus S!)

I guess I unzip all the files in the FS2 game folder into a new folder named Blue Planet and point to it with launcher???
Thank you for your quick response

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter

Thank you all.   :yes:

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but anyway.

On the mission "The Great Preservers" (the first mission flying in a Vishnan craft) it keeps freezing. Basically, I'll click the "Commit" button, the mission will play for a second and everything will freeze. (Besides the music which keeps playing until I close Freespace 2 in Windows Task Manager). Just in case, I am using 3.6.10, and not one of the nightly builds. (I also tested one of them, same crash problem).

I'll also say that when i start it up, I get a message saying that something called a "flyby sound" is missing from the sound.tbl, perhaps related to the above problem? Even if it is related, it's caused no problems for me up to this point.

Otherwise the only other problem I had was the disappearing hud in the mission with the Kyton turning up after chasing the Duke. Could still fly, shoot everything besides gain missile lock really.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Have you made sure you have the latest version of BP 3.6.10? There were some fixes introduced to fix these problems. Second, if that doesn't help, can you run a debug build and post the log file (fs2_open.log, from the data folder in your main fs2 directory) here?

Hi,
i just wanted to play some missions from Blue Planet especially the one where you defend the Orestes against the Lucifer in Delta Serpentis System, i think its called "Curse of Prescience" so i choosed the mission in the techroom, but i have a problem, i can't destroy the Lucifer beams.
The beams stays at 15% and won't take any further damage.
Does this mission only works if you play it in the campagin?

I'm using the 3.6.10 build and mediavps.

Thanx
Nico

Problems sorted. I only downloaded BP 3.6.10 yesterday, so I figured I had the up-to-date one. Ah well.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Hi,
i just wanted to play some missions from Blue Planet especially the one where you defend the Orestes against the Lucifer in Delta Serpentis System, i think its called "Curse of Prescience" so i choosed the mission in the techroom, but i have a problem, i can't destroy the Lucifer beams.
The beams stays at 15% and won't take any further damage.
Does this mission only works if you play it in the campagin?

I'm using the 3.6.10 build and mediavps.

Thanx
Nico

Hm. They are supposed to be that way. It's a nightmare, remember?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 08:28:21 am by The E »

Damn... you're right.... i totally forgot :)

Nico

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Actually,

Spoiler:
The lucifer beams are not destroyable in that mission or in Fallen Angel when you have to defeat the Lucifer.  You're supposed to go for the engines or the reactors, IIRC

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
We should totally un-guardian them in Fallen Angel, though.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Are the Lucifer's main guns locked after one salvo? I remember them carving the Orestes' hull to 68% before stopping altogether.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You were probably on Very Easy where beam crews take a long holiday between each shot.

Offline Vanion

Hello, just registered to post this.

Is there a problem with the Core package download? The sound and graphics packages download fine, but the core package gives me timeouts from Mediafire. Or is that just me?

Cheers,
Vanion