Author Topic: BP 3.6.10 (OLD)  (Read 44101 times)

Wow. That UEF mainhall and music are great. Can't wait to play WiH...

And your screen is very nice as well, blowfish :yes: It really has the "spacey" feeling.

Offline Tomo

"The Great Preservers" hasn't changed from the original version, but now that you mention it, I probably should put a trigger for the two ships to attack the Moloch.
I'm getting exactly the same crash under 3.6.10 nightly b5078

I haven't tried the updated TBMs yet - where should they go?
"blueplanet/data", or somewhere else? (Edit - stupid question, found it in the wiki)

Is this for Keepers of Hell?
Nope - The Great Preservers.
The VPs in this thread fixed it.

I also got a crash when the Sathanas exploded (new VPs).

Adding the three TBM/TBL files seemed to clear that one.

With the new VPs and TBM/TBL, the only issue I saw was the failure of the Moloch to die.

Offline Krelus

I'm getting a bizarre issue in "bp-07.fs2." You know when the Demon arrives and you regain control of your fighter? I can fly, and the camera returns to the fighter, the HUD just won't come back. I'm gonna attempt to rectify this in FRED, but from a preliminary glance at the SEXPs there's no reason this should happen o_O

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
SHIFT-O

!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Krelus

SHIFT-O

!!!!!!!!!!

/headsmack

It's getting to the point where I'm afraid to ask for help anymore, because the answer is always something stupid like that XD

I can pull off crazy Transcend-style FREDing, but I keep stumbling over the simple crap. That's me in a nutshell.

Offline blowfish

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I feel lucky. o_o

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
That download link (1st post) is redirecting me to a 404 page. Oddly, if I hit the browser's Stop button before it redirects, I can download the file fine.

I'm going to check the contents when it's done.

Any idea what's up with that?

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Known Issues:

* Sanctuary missing glows - This is due to texture name changes in 3.6.10 media vps, so the Sanctuary will be using retail textures. This has been unchanged from the 3.6.9 version in case texture naming conventions change further in future mediavp releases.

The change in 3.6.10 was to remove A, B, C etc textures that were texture files for lower LODs. As we have mip-mapped DDS files, these are no longer necessary, especially with properly mapped and UV'd models.

Texture names will be in the convention of $pofname$-$type$.dds where type is glow, shine, normal and pofname is the name of the pof loading the texture.

So while the textures themselves may be changing in future VP's, the naming convention will not be.

(Offtopic: My chinese is a little rusty, does that really say "We are people because of our human"?)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 02:14:22 am by Zacam »
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Krelus

(Offtopic: My chinese is a little rusty, does that really say "We are people because of our human"?)

Not that I pretend to be an expert in Chinese, but maybe it's humanity?    :confused:

Offline eliex

Not that I pretend to be an expert in Chinese, but maybe it's humanity?    :confused:

Nor do I, but is it, "humaneness" being that the UE ask questions first before attacking as their doctrine?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I'm guessing it was intended to mean 'We are human because of our humanity', but even that sounds kinda strange...
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
If that's what Darius meant then it'd be more along the lines of:
我們世人由於我們的人性

Offline eliex

Okay, I checked this with one of my Chinese speaking friends:

Pred the Penguin - We are human because of our character/humanity
Darius' Text - We are human because of our (?shape the gods made us?)

For Darius' text, my friend couldn't really explain into proper English so this is what I got finally.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Is Chinese the first language of your friends'.
Sorry for asking, but I strongly believe that it's grammatically incorrect. Unless it's in another dialect, then I drop all arguments.

Anyways, we're getting really off-topic. If you guys wanna continue, start a thread in General.

Offline eliex

Just before the thread gets back on course -

Is Chinese the first language of your friends'.
Sorry for asking, but I strongly believe that it's grammatically incorrect. Unless it's in another dialect, then I drop all arguments.

Nah, just asked him out of interest. I'd still like to hear what the proper translation of Darius' text is if anyone knows.  :)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Known Issues:

* Sanctuary missing glows - This is due to texture name changes in 3.6.10 media vps, so the Sanctuary will be using retail textures. This has been unchanged from the 3.6.9 version in case texture naming conventions change further in future mediavp releases.

I have improved orion refit for myself some time ago ,so I have uploaded it.
It's just a POF ,do as description says and it should work.
http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.509
I hope it will resolve "Known Issue".

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
That is a good start. Detail02 and Detail3 have some borked texture mapping and there is still a "c" texture in the list though.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It's because it's a different texture.
Take a look at mediavps ,there is "Capital01-02c".
It's an UV map for lowest LOD of the Orion.
Anyway I don't recall any moment where you look at the sanctuary from enough distance to actually see lower LODs.

Offline blowfish

Regardless of whether or not they're seen, all maps referenced in the model are loaded.