Author Topic: BP 3.6.10 (OLD)  (Read 44100 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The extreme zoom in that one came so fast, I almost thought the background would fly out of my computer screen and smash my face. :lol:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
The extreme zoom in that one came so fast, I almost thought the background would fly out of my computer screen and smash my face. :lol:

:lol: That's funny, I remember that feeling from when I tested it

It's a good way to wake the player up

Offline Darius

The camera effect I used was to have the camera point to something, and then set coordinates for the camera to point to, but have a time argument that makes the camera slide to the new coordinates. In 3.6.9 it did it without changing the fov, but it seems to act different in 3.6.10 builds.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
The camera effect I used was to have the camera point to something, and then set coordinates for the camera to point to, but have a time argument that makes the camera slide to the new coordinates.

Woah I'd never have thought of that

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Problem is, with 3.6.10, when a camera is moving the view, the suns move faster than the rest of the backgrounds. What can be described as the widescreen camera bug on 3.6.9. Except it's on 3.6.10 and not using a widescreen resolution.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Problem is, with 3.6.10, when a camera is moving the view, the suns move faster than the rest of the backgrounds. What can be described as the widescreen camera bug on 3.6.9. Except it's on 3.6.10 and not using a widescreen resolution.

Oh I remember noticing that, it isn't a huge issue though IMO, do you use a custom fov?

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
No, I don't. It shouldn't be happening.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
No, I don't. It shouldn't be happening.

Try entering this in custom flags

-fov 0.35

It should make the problem a little less worse in my understanding.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
EDIT: Damn. The latest updates to the VP has pushed the rar >100MB, which mediafire doesn't like. Time to trim, or find another host. :(
7-Zip.

Few bugs in the new version (and maybe the old, for some of them)

In "Universal Truth", bomb shockwaves punch through shields, which makes it damn near impossible, and the node looks funny with some of the cinematic camera angles.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Not really sure those are bugs :wtf:

The bombs in question are powerful enough to punch through your shields in other missions too, that's just the way they are.  Also, you never said what "it" referred to, though I assume you mean shooting them down.  Just keep your distance and when one explodes, turn around and hit your burners.  It may be frustrating at times, but these bombs are part of the strategy involved in playing BP.  As for the jump node thing, not sure what you mean by "looks funny," but it may be a side-effect of fov-locked cutscenes in the new version (if you are using a custom FOV), since the FOV used, the FS defailt, tends to create a fish-eye effect.  Not really any way to change it, besides completely re-scripting the cutscenes (or sitting really close to your monitor :P).

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Yeah, unless you use cutscene bars the fisheye effect becomes really visible when using a jump node, regardless of your fov settings.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Not really sure those are bugs :wtf:

The bombs in question are powerful enough to punch through your shields in other missions too, that's just the way they are.
Let me clarify, one bomb destroys my ship, when in other instances it wouldn't touch it. The don't punch through them, they bypass them like a beam. Other weapons seem to do the same, although I can't confirm. It seems to be only this mission. "It" refers to the mission.

I've played BP Original several times, and this was never present on 3.6.9 or the late-2008 .10 builds.

Offline blowfish

What ship are you using?

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Ares, Erinyes, Perseus, Tried a few until I found out it wasn't a weakness problem, rather a bug or something other.. I'll test a bit more. I was playing on medium, BTW, and the bombs definitely have something funky going on.

I must say, the updating from the 3.6.9 release to 3.6.10 is looking rather promising. Having played 3.6.9 version of Blue Planet, I was utterly amazed at how it turned out and now, how its shaping towards War In Heaven.

Oh, those fighters for the UEF. They're from Steve-O's Federal Fighters Pack, right? They have some nice HTL enhancements. Where'd can these models be found from?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 11:55:38 pm by starwolf1991 »
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline blowfish

IIRC His fighter pack is available on FSMods.  It may be an older version though...

I know the fed figher pack is on freespacemods.net. I'm talking about the HTL models that you see in the War In Heaven screenshots.

Offline blowfish

Like which ones?  The Karuna/Hyperion frigate has been released, but the Solaris and Sanctus are under lockdown...

The Fed Fighter models

Anyone else had this problem?

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8527/screen0042.jpg

I have no HUD after cutscenes :|