Author Topic: Team can't modify loadout  (Read 3201 times)

Team can't modify loadout
Playing on FS2NetD. I'm playing with 1 other, I'm hosting. My friend is unable to change his loadout. It's not because of the "lock" button. He can change his ship, but over on the left where the weapons are usually listed he has NOTHING, and any weapon he drags from his ship over there disappears and cannot be re-assigned.

Any thoughts?

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
Re: Team can't modify loadout
try creating another pilot , is he using a mod , what are you trying to play, check in your setup that you havent got host modifies loadout ticked ..... shouts  for real help

lobo

fubar
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

try creating another pilot , is he using a mod , what are you trying to play, check in your setup that you havent got host modifies loadout ticked ..... shouts  for real help

lobo

fubar
We're using the mediavp's, runing 3.6.10. Happens on any mission we try. "Hosts modifies Loadout" isn't checked.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
New pilot file would be my first guess as well.  After that have him run the debug build and attach the fs2_open.log from the data directory. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
We're using the mediavp's, runing 3.6.10. Happens on any mission we try. "Hosts modifies Loadout" isn't checked.

Which 3.6.10 build?

shouts  for real help

lobo

fubar

* karajorma feels left out.
:( 
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Umm... tell the host to click the 'lock' button?

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic

Which 3.6.10 build?

shouts  for real help

lobo

fubar

* karajorma feels left out.
:( 

sorry , you were not online when i saw this but fubar was and lobo was probably hiding somewhere....

but if it makes you feel better if you had been online you would have solved this problem in seconds
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Which 3.6.10 build?

Umm... tell the host to click the 'lock' button?
As I stated in my OP, it's not because of the lock button. Clients are able to change their ships, just not the loadouts.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
And everyone is on the same build?

My only suggestion is that you run the debug builds and post the fs2_open.log from both PCs. That might turn up the cause.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

And everyone is on the same build?

My only suggestion is that you run the debug builds and post the fs2_open.log from both PCs. That might turn up the cause.
Yea, there's just the two of us at the moment and we're both on the same build. I might try a more recent build and see if that helps, if not I'll be running the debug.