Author Topic: Project Zathras  (Read 31163 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Zathras.vp will probably not get much bigger then it already is.  It's for fixes only and well pretty much everything that has been found is already fixed.  Now there will be several .vp files in that directory and if you look you will already see about 4 or 5 others. 

There may be some changes in 3.6.11 that will speed TBP up.  If you have ever run debug you will see we hit a lot of limits especially in the swarm weapons category.  Some of those limits have been bumped up so it should cause fewer limit hits which hopefully will speed things up a bit.  Of course on older systems it could have the opposite effect since there might be more stuff on screen at one time. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well for some reason since I put them into the .vp the Nova nameplates are no longer working correctly.  No idea why but I'm working on it. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
we have another bug:

This night, we discoved buggy secondaries. It's probably related to the nothing weapon.

For example, when I choose a Tiger in the Major Challenge, the game loaded me with 4 TriadAAA in both of my banks. In Iso1, the game gave my Thunderbolt the nothing weapon but ingame, i had access to the ShadowShardBomb  :)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Not a corrupt pilot file is it?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I'll have to take a look at this one.  It could be as simple as those weapons being allowed by default in Inferno builds and never removed from the loadout.  So basically they may have always been allowed in the mission file but the non inferno builds couldn't find them and left them out.

Well couldn't be that lucky.  Both challenge load outs look fine. 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:35:56 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »

Offline Vidmaster

Not a corrupt pilot file is it?

It happened at least for two players.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Skullar

I think no one ever came up with the idea to make some pilot pictures or squadron logos.
Since this is a 2d art job, shall I ?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well the creating of the pics is a 2D art job but don't the ships have to be changed to allow the logos or are you just talking about having them for the barracks?  

@Vid where the host, clients, or both?

Offline Skullar

Yeah, barracks. What else ???

Offline Vidmaster

I was client. Vertigo was hosting.
Now the problem is, I don't remember if Vertigo had the problem or another player asked about it.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I didn't see anything mission or table wise that should cause something like that.  This also makes me wonder if everyone was using 3.6.10 RC3.  Not sure what Inferno would do if say the host was running RC1.  I'll have to do some testing to see if it is tables, code or possibly build incompatibility. 

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Yeah, barracks. What else ???

I thought you might have been thinking about custom squad logos on fighters like in FS2 multi.  That would most likely involve a ton of work.

Barracks logos are fine.  Just keep in mind how they might look on a fighter just in case someone does make it possible someday. 

Other artwork that would be nice are a medal case and medals for multi.

Offline Vidmaster

ask Vertigo about what Zathras and build he was using. For example, we were also playing with an outdated Operations (the one with the BAD asteroid mission).

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
looks like you had mixed zathras folders ; im sure that has created problems before ie if the host doesnt have the most up to date one , when we played just before and i was hosting i noticed that vertigo needed to dl the first mission and every one else was ok , so maybe his file is corrupt or old or messed up ?
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well I think I have the Nova nameplate issue under control.

Also a long past due update on the Poseidon plates now with glow and shine maps thanks to Skullar

Offline Skullar

Since you remapped the ships anyway, I will never know why you didnt mirror the port side fighterbay texture  itself ( like it is done with omega nameplates ), now you have to mirror the text itself everytime you make a nameplate.

By the way, you are taking ugly screenshots. I think I have to add a little more beauty to this topic tomorrow. ;)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I just redid the one texture not the entire ship. 

As for the pics it would probably help if I added a background instead of just the default sun.  As you can see from the numbers in the top right I was worried more about debugging then appearance.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
New RC should be ready to download in a few minutes. Notable changes:

Nameplates and more nameplates.  The following ships can now use nameplates:

Omega
Omega-X (no glow map yet)
Nova
Poseidon
Explorer
Warlock (work in progress and no glow or shine maps)

Made some adjustments to MT-27.  The caps should fire and aren't invulnerable anymore. Didn't have time to test though.

More backgrounds and alternate textures from Revan.  These really need some testing.  I didn't have a chance but included them since they won't effect anything even if they do have problems. 

New FS2netD ani and modified interface for it from Galemp and The E. 

Basically we need testing and more testing.  Hopefully this will be close to the final first release version. 

Offline Slasher

Nova textures work great, but I'm wondering if they seem exceptionally reflective to anyone else?

I've compared the shine maps from Zathras with those in the vanilla Core 3.4 .vp and nothing jumps out at me.  Anyone else see this or is it just me?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Do the ones from 3.4b produce the same type of effect or just the Zathras ones?  

Just tried a quick test with starfield.pof, a nebula and a sun in the nebula.  Same results from both 3.4b and Zathras.  Even the starfield reflects off the hull in both.  

Seems there is some sort of issue with the Zathras ones like the shine map isn't aligned.  I'll have to look into this a bit more.  

As far as I can tell it looks like it's loading the shine map as if I didn't change the texture so it's stretching it out and applying a 512x512 map to a 1024x512 map.  Strange thing is it doesn't do it to the glow map just the shine map. 
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 03:07:58 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »