Author Topic: Great game finally finished first part, some issues though  (Read 2051 times)

Offline Guthan

Great game finally finished first part, some issues though
Hey, it was well done in my opinion, some missions gave me a frusterating time >_> damn the lilaths. I give this a personal 9.4 rating, however; their are some issues that I want to discuss.

The Orestes Battlegroup mission: ((Why in the world, would the GTVA on such a fragile subject as the subjugation of Earth,  appoint crew that are literally dying or wanting salvation from  Earth, and than only appoint one or two officers loyal to the GTVA's mission to complete the task? That is asking for outright mutiny.)) - which it did happen, no surprise.

I was just thinking, that if you guys ever do a re-release on Part 1 of Blue Planet, that you would rearrange the texts; where everyone knows that they are out to subjugate Earth. (( GTVA secretly sends the battlegroup manned by SOC while telling its citizens that the portal isn't done yet)) However, twists and turns of events eventually change their minds from the mission - ((such as the sanctuary, destruction of planet, etc etc.))

This makes more sense, instead of everybody not knowing their mission, loving earth, and suddenly told to subjugate it? I believe it makes a lot more sense to implement this. Just a simple rearranging of text - well maybe a lot, especially in the first part.

Other than that great game, and on a smaller note: the lilaths are a nightmare.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Great game finally finished first part, some issues though
The Orestes Battlegroup mission: ((Why in the world, would the GTVA on such a fragile subject as the subjugation of Earth,  appoint crew that are literally dying or wanting salvation from  Earth, and than only appoint one or two officers loyal to the GTVA's mission to complete the task? That is asking for outright mutiny.)) - which it did happen, no surprise.

Consider this: The 14th BG, as originally sent out, was crewed with elite officers. In the beginning, they were quite capable of following their orders. But as they went through the ordeal of being trapped in the other universe, and having to safe the last remnants of humanity, they changed. When they returned to "our" Sol, they (Or rather, Admiral Bei) were unable to follow their orders with a clear conscience.

I was just thinking, that if you guys ever do a re-release on Part 1 of Blue Planet, that you would rearrange the texts; where everyone knows that they are out to subjugate Earth. (( GTVA secretly sends the battlegroup manned by SOC while telling its citizens that the portal isn't done yet)) However, twists and turns of events eventually change their minds from the mission - ((such as the sanctuary, destruction of planet, etc etc.))

Boy, have we got a surprise for you. A re-release is indeed planned, and will happen in the VERY near future (As soon as internal beta testing is complete).

However, we will not change story details like that this late in the game. There are _a lot_ of supplementary materials you should read on the BP website, and in the re-released techroom.

This makes more sense, instead of everybody not knowing their mission, loving earth, and suddenly told to subjugate it? I believe it makes a lot more sense to implement this. Just a simple rearranging of text - well maybe a lot, especially in the first part.

As I said already, BP is done and locked. Especially considering that we do not want to change dialogue lines at this stage, since that would mean going back to our voice actors to redo them.

Other than that great game, and on a smaller note: the lilaths are a nightmare.

Thanks. And yeah, Liliths are supposed to be.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
We made the Liliths a little more fair in the re-release, though. Still a #1 priority target, but less prone to instafail scenarios.

As for the story, the officers of the 14th Battlegroup would have carried out their orders in a heartbeat...until they went through their ordeal.

Basically, what you're suggesting is what actually happened.  :)

Offline Guthan

Alright thanks, haha. my bad.

Just a quick question, are their going to be any newer modern fighters for the GTVA in the upcoming conflict? Would be amazing to see Shivan Dragons mixed with something terran.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yes, the GTVA will deploy new assets to supplement its fighter forces.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
And there will be "Terran Dragons", a bit slower and less agile, but with GTVA weaponary.
In WiH you're going to have difficult time with some GTVA ships.

Do make sure you're playing the most recent version with the rebalanced missions.  One particular mission with two liliths several clicks out has been modified to have a different cruiser =)