Author Topic: HP-UX 11i Build  (Read 3364 times)

Offline rsaxvc

• rsaxvc
Am currently working on HP-UX build for FS2_open. The usual problems hit -
  • optimized powerpc code leaking into the build
  • differing includes for certain IOCTRLS
  • lack of libraries
  • no hp-ux enum in the build system

Currently, after building lua, openal, and theora, fs2 compiles, but does not link. The HP-UX linker I have requires library order to be supplied so that it never has to parse a library a second time. Once that is fixed, I'll start testing it.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Isn't the link order specified with the -L<library> command line args?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline rsaxvc

• rsaxvc
They are specified, but it looks like HP-UX will need a custom linker line, because it has a 1-pass linker, all libraries have to be ordered as the dependency tree traversal.

Offline rsaxvc

• rsaxvc
Code: [Select]
ld -o fs2_open freespace.o levelpaging.o libcode.a /usr/local/lib/libopenal.sl /usr/local/lib/liblua.a /usr/local/lib/libjpeg.sl /usr/local/lib/libSDL.sl /usr/local/lib/libSDL_image.sl /usr/local/lib/libvorbis.sl /usr/local/lib/libvorbisfile.sl /usr/local/lib/libtheora.sl /usr/local/lib/libtheoradec.sl /usr/local/lib/libtheoraenc.sl /opt/graphics/OpenGL/lib/libGL.sl /opt/graphics/OpenGL/lib/libGLU.sl /opt/hp-gcc-4.4.3/lib/libstdc++.sl /opt/hp-gcc-4.4.3/lib/libgcc_s.sl /opt/langtools/lib/crt0.o
TaDa!

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Can that be the line for all platforms?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline rsaxvc

• rsaxvc
No. Its full of things in /usr/local and /opt

Offline rsaxvc

• rsaxvc
Maybe this is a situation for a statically linked build. If we want to distribute an HP-UX build, I'd hate to have to tell people how to build all the libraries I had to compile.

For the most part you can use hpux.connect.org.uk though.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yeah since they're not terribly common on HP-UX, it's probably not a bad idea.

Offline rsaxvc

• rsaxvc
Currently, fs2_open is crashing on launch. It appears that the c++ constructors aren't running. Pretty odd.

Offline rsaxvc

• rsaxvc
Interesting. It appears my linker needed to be patched. The default HP-UX 11.11 linker doesn't appear to support dynamic linkage execution properly. After patching that, I'm asserting in OpenAL.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Wasn't Solaris doing that too?

Offline rsaxvc

• rsaxvc
I found the assert is when locking a mutex. It appears to be erroring out instead of locking properly. However, at some point I lost the ability to build it again.

Offline rsaxvc

• rsaxvc
Right, figured out the linker issue, looks like multiple objects in the system LD path. For now, I've copied them into the build directory.

Also, it turns out the hpux.connect.org.uk version of SDL is built without OpenGL support...bummer. I guess I'll go build SDL now.

Offline rsaxvc

• rsaxvc
Now working on ERROR: "Current GL Version of 0.0 is less than the required version of 1.2. Switch video modes or update your drivers." at graphics/gropengl.cpp:1869

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Huh.  Runtime error?  Wonder if that's our detection method or HP's drivers.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Our detection method is calling glGetString(GL_VERSION), which is as standard an OpenGL API call as you can get.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline rsaxvc

• rsaxvc
I had accidentally linked in MESA and HP-GL, so no clue what that meant. Linking in either one let me continue. Now I'm stuck in the code handling command-line parsing.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Whats the problem with the commandline parsing?  I thought it was pretty standard C.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline rsaxvc

• rsaxvc
Don't know yet. Originally it was crashing because the constructors hadn't run. Thankfully there was an init variable to tell me something was up. It appears to be in an infinite loop, I suspect in the list of flags.