Author Topic: World of Warships - Now Available  (Read 277740 times)

Offline crizza

Re: World of Warships - Closed Beta
Finally

[attachment deleted by nobody]

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You know, one would hope ArdRaiess would stop posting, given he's proved to be poison-tongued and historically uneducated whenever he pops up to defend the balance decisions he was a part of.

But no, he keeps turning up to do so and it's all that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard SHOTS FIRED

for everyone on the forum with an ounce of knowledge of the actual subjects he's trying to use to justify the game design decisions he and the other devs made.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Aye, a defeat in my Fuso yieled more than your coop battle Trash, no offence intended.

What you on about?
What offense?

Hm..I could swear I always just click Random Battle.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You know, one would hope ArdRaiess would stop posting, given he's proved to be poison-tongued and historically uneducated whenever he pops up to defend the balance decisions he was a part of.

But no, he keeps turning up to do so and it's all that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard SHOTS FIRED

for everyone on the forum with an ounce of knowledge of the actual subjects he's trying to use to justify the game design decisions he and the other devs made.

I see I'm not the only one who watched Zipang

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

From the posts I've seen, he's always maintained an amicable professional attitude given the cringe worthy **** posts that some of the forumers seem to spew constantly.  Being able to respond calmly in well typed English was probably more important than his naval credentials.  Not to mention as a developer I need to have a working knowledge of the business problem but not necessarily be a subject matter expert.  In the end I'd rather have the window into the dev team then none at all.

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Sololop

I think you get a better score if you don't do co-op vs ai, but do random battles vs players.
Sometimes it feels like you're the only one doing any legwork xP

How?
Seriously, HOW?
Even with premium?

Compare that with my image above. More hits, more kills, more enemies shot down...

HOW?

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I would just click "Battle", assuming it always takes me to a Random Battle, unless I select a different type.

Now I know why I've been getting so little XP... :(

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Grinding up to Cleveland with Co-Op income must have taken a long ass time.

Offline crizza

The fun starts with the Pepsicola... first time I lost creds :D

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Grinding up to Cleveland with Co-Op income must have taken a long ass time.

Not really.
Not to brag, but I'm good.

The fun starts with the Pepsicola... first time I lost creds :D

Hm...I love my Cleveland and am not interested in going higher.
Waiting on US battleship tough.

Speaking of which, is there a battle mode that ignores tiers?
I kinda want to play with ships from the same time period and that could (and did) meet in WW2, even if they are 5 tiers higher

Offline Sololop

Speaking of the Pensicola, or however it's spelt, the running consensus I'm seeing online is that although it is a higher tier than the Cleveland, it is overall, not as capable a warship. Is this due to players not using it correctly, or should it be placed in a different tier?

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Speaking of the Pensicola, or however it's spelt, the running consensus I'm seeing online is that although it is a higher tier than the Cleveland, it is overall, not as capable a warship. Is this due to players not using it correctly, or should it be placed in a different tier?

Neither. It's a problem with Cleveland's tiering. Cleveland is as well-armored as the New Orleans and her fire rate is murderously high even in her nerfed state. She is not a Tier 6 ship, and with her guns restored to historical stats could easily live at Tier 8.

That said, Pensacola's a very big change from Cleveland; its guns fire slowly and it has minimal armor, and thus rewards a standoff combat game and good marksmanship much more than Cleveland, which lives to charge and overwhelm the enemy with short-range rapid fire.

A Feddie Story

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Pensacola is a good ship, she's a little fragile but those 8" guns will take other ships apart when properly employed.  The Cola has the accuracy, pen and damage to reliably get citadels and put enemy ships down quick rather than just DPMing things to death like the Cleveland.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Yeah, Cleveland is a spammer. 12 shots, fast reload...if you fire all explosives and have good aim you can cripple an enemy ship with the first few salvos.
Then switch to AP and finish the job.

But looking at some stats got me thinking.
Yamato's gun have a dispersion/accuracy of 357m .. most ships have around 200.
Iowa has (historically) 100m or less.
Sniper battleship?

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
The 3.1 public test is...is...

Okay, what genius decided they should give IJN top-tier 5 squadrons of torpedo bombers and each individual torp hits harder than a Type 93?

A Feddie Story

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
The 3.1 public test is...is...

Okay, what genius decided they should give IJN top-tier 5 squadrons of torpedo bombers and each individual torp hits harder than a Type 93?

Are they B6Ns dropping Kaitens?

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Seriously though 3.1 is a trainwreck, everything has gotten worse except for how AP shells are handled.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 06:51:06 pm by NGTM-1R »

A Feddie Story

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
That's too bad, 3.1 looked really good on paper at least.  Am I still going to be able to be terror of the high seas in my Group I Special Type Destroyer Fubuki and Type A Destroyer Amatsukaze or did IJN DDs get screwed over more?

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Your torpedo reload times have actually been improved. They decided the problem with torpedo spotting was that aircraft were spotting them, though, not ships; expect your actual hit rate to remain as it was.

Also, HE will do terrible, terrible things to you, far more than it did before, but you might be slightly safer from AP.

A Feddie Story

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I've gotten pretty comfortable using the high tier IJN Tin Cans, so long as they haven't been nerfed or other classes received  buffed to screw them over then I'll still be happy.  Is Kongou Desu still going to burn with love?