Author Topic: Aliens, UFOs! Oh my!  (Read 1422 times)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Now that I have your attention:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.html?_r=0

A neat little article on a little-known recent program in the US military looking at potential unexplained phenomena.  It's a curious read.  I confess I am highly intrigued by the alloys mentioned and that technologies were discovered against which the United States would be unable to defend itself.  While it is a near-certainty that life exists elsewhere even in our own galaxy in some fashion, I'm skeptical that it has ever dropped by Earth to say hello in modern human history.  Then again, I'd really love to get my hands and eyes on some of this stuff for my own curiosity.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
You forgot the cover art:

:lol:  Interesting, though.

Offline Luis Dias

Come on if it's not space aliens what can it be? I'm not saying it's space aliens, I'm just saying, it's ****ing space aliens!

To be more serious on the topic, it could even be space aliens! I'm giving it a 0.4% bayesian prior chance (fancy name for "subjectively taken off my ass") of it being so, which is probably too high a percentage still, but hey! I can imagine a mega civilization with its own Prime Directive trying to subreptitiously observe us and once in a while make a stupid mistake and let themselves be slightly observed.

I must say, I have a harder time imagining these things landing and abducting people so they can have weird sexual fetiches with the subject's asses, but hey, I'm trying to be open minded here! Who really knows what the ****ing aliens like to do in their spare kinky time!

Offline Davros

Are you sure its not "Sky Demons"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieEUxZpA_wY

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Funny this comes out right at the same time as it's revealed that the defense department has lost 21 trillion dollars.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Funny this comes out right at the same time as it's revealed that the defense department has lost 21 trillion dollars.

Oh, hey, isn't that the national debt?  FFS  :mad: