Author Topic: Naboo UVed  (Read 30930 times)

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
  • maveric modeler, the sky is just the begining
like I have said before it is looking rather nice, just a couple of tweaks needed

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
You know what the problem is with this ship?  (And why I've never really liked it)

It's facing the wrong way!  Flip it around and imagine the cockpit is facing the other direction.  Way cooler looking!

Actually...then it just becomes an extremely streamlined Z-95.  With engines on the ends of the wings.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Yeahno

When I look at that ship I think this.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline rhettro

I always liked the posters brand-x used to do with his finished models. I couldn't help myself from making my own.  :lol:

If you really want it you can download the 1080p version here.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByuCuOaJVGbXUnlKRGJscGZ3ZU0/edit?usp=sharing

Man, this N-1 is looking STUNNING. :pimp:
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Did you submit this ship last year and I totally missed it? Or was it just recently finished?

Offline rhettro

Thanks for the compliment Vector Leader.

swash: I finished the model last year, but I haven't submitted it yet. Just let me know what the submittal procedure is and it's yours. I had a little time yesterday and I wanted to learn a little more about how to set up Blender's cameras, so I used the opportunity to make a poster ala brand-x.

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
There's really no particular submittal procedure; just provide the model in a format that I can open up in Max, so probably .obj or something, and textures in an uncompressed format at the largest size you happen to have.

The time it takes for me to actually get a model in-game depends on how badly we need it, how much work I need to do (such as LODs, debris, etc) and how much other higher priority stuff I have on my plate. :nervous:

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Bonus points for also providing the .psd or .xcf files for the textures to make it easier to tweak things, do team colors, etc.

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
The time it takes for me to actually get a model in-game depends on how badly we need it, how much work I need to do (such as LODs, debris, etc) and how much other higher priority stuff I have on my plate. :nervous:
would it be easier if rhettro did the LODs, debris, etc. while you work on the higher priority stuff?

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
Nice, rhettro!  For a ship that I never liked even a little bit, you've made it look very pretty.  Kudos.

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
:Dwould it be easier if rhettro did the LODs, debris, etc. while you work on the higher priority stuff?

Sure, if he wants to. Then again, fighter debris is super quick to make, and for this ship LODs are likely as well, so those aren't really going to cause much delay. It's more about just taking the time to do all the other conversion-related stuff while I could be finishing up the ISD or something like that. :D That said, I think it'd be nice to have in R1 for people to use even if it wouldn't feature in any of our campaign missions, so I should be able to squeeze it in at some point.