Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 573419 times)

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
So, I've been enjoying this game for quite some time, after a while, Single player can get a bit boring, but I played SMP at a lan party recently and it turned out to be utterly fantastic, so I'm just wondering if anyone else has played Minecraft Alpha?

For those who just want to get out there and play, there are currently two servers available

qazwsx's server:

IP at: 208.122.48.18:25607
Mumble at: 184.22.118.104:64738
Dynmap at http://208.122.48.18:8236

Probably the more active server, this one runs near-to default minecraft with a few modifications:
  • Creepers no longer damage buildings
  • Warp and home commands allow for easy transition
this server runs in online mode, only people with a registered and paid for minecraft account can connect.

Alright, so here's what's happening on qazserver

New world once 1.3 comes out.

This world will be completely fresh, here's what's going to happen.
  • Fenris will be copied over and placed in the end
  • Everyone will be in survival mode, admins and mods will be free to change, but we shall no longer be giving out creative, the disparity has gotten rediculous
  • I will be offering admin rights to sandwich and Kyad, sandwich has been a HLP admin since the beginning (I think?)and has been one of the most active people on the server and Kyad already admins a much larger OCR server and knows what he's doing.
  • these admin rights will include full control over the server, the right to install plugins, restart the server and FTP access and whatnot.
  • I will not be looking for replacement admins if Kyad or sandwich feel that they don't have the time or otherwise do not accept the position
  • All current admins will remain admins, yes, I was trolling with the "mura is now an admin!" thing, but he's a cool dude and actually will get all the powers. (and the getting drunk with his wife in a hotel room thing was true too)
  • We may or may not be using warp plugins, this is yet to be decided.
  • I will not be copying over any other projects from the old server, Fenris is a special case, as it has been in construction for over a year, and has had work done to it by many, many members of the server.
  • What I will be doing is setting up a full copy, config files and all of the current server as a torrent. My VPS (currently hosting mumble) will be used as a seedbox. Direct downloads are out of the question, as the server totals several gigabytes.
  • If anyone wants to host the old world, feel free, the torrent will be a fully working copy of the server bar except for a working mysql configuration for logblock, as this will be used on the new world.
  • The new server will also come with slightly stricter rules which will be detailed in the following list.

New Rules

• Don't be a dick (this applies to admins too, post in here if any **** goes down, I won't have discussions in private, things should be run openly)
  • Check with whoever is building nearby if it's okay to build near them, either on this thread or in game. (Looking at you Trashman, don't want any of that **** again) ):<
  • as an addition to this rule, if you don't want anyone building nearby, ask an admin about setting up a worldguard region.
  • Unless specified, (aka, freebuild areas) PLEASE keep to the building style of nearby things.  If you don't like the style, find somewhere else to build, you've got enough room. This was actually a rule on the original server, back in the days when it was hosted in a shoebox underneath rhx123's bed. (I'm not even joking, it was on a Intel Atom running windows XP with 512MB of ram and an ADSL internet connection) but pretty much went to **** straight away and that's how we ended up with the hodgepodge that is spawntown
  • Spawn will have a worldguard region, players will have to build further out

pecenipicek's Server:
http://minecraft.egzodus.com/

features:
MCMMO
MyriadAxe (choptree v2 basically)
no inventory loss after death
no creeper, ghast explosions
no fire spreading nor burning

Necrogami's Server:
m.c4.io
Necrogami's server, now with added survival:
  • Mobs are activated but Creepers do not damage buildings
  • offline mode! Play if you are unable to authenticate with minecraft.net.
  • Dynmap! View server map in realtime! chat to users!
  • Skylands as an attached world to the main Minecraft world

NOTE: Both servers run craftbukkit, as this is not affiliated with mojang in any way, expect servers to be updated to the latest version of minecraft up to 3 weeks after a new version is released. We have no control over this, and in the interests of stability will only run reccomended builds in order to prevent world corruption.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:21:14 pm by qazwsx »
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
So, I've been enjoying this game for quite some time, after a while, Single player can get a bit boring, but I played SMP at a lan party recently and it turned out to be utterly fantastic, so I'm just wondering if anyone else has played Minecraft Alpha?

Yep yep, even run an SMP server via Hamachi for some friends, now and then.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic

Far too much of it.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Just took it up two days ago.  Pretty entertaining.  Haven't tried multi, though it seems like it'd be awesome. 

Just watch out for massive skeleton-creeper hordes.  A skeleton shot a creeper in the back.  Creeper was standing next to my fortress wall.  I will ne'er forget that injustice.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
oh boy

I was talking on IRC about my airport project, which I've now given up. But I suppose this is as good a time as any to show pictures.

My humble home; It's more impressive when you realize the surrounding area has been buried:

(poor) Panoramic view of my work:

The series of torches in the field I made is the wingspan of a 747. You can probably tell why I decided to give up the full fledged airport. The smaller lit hole just below the series of torches is the tiny stairway going to my home an cobblestone stores. I was about halfway through removing the dirt from the burning hillside (and putting above the lake, which you can see), and maybe an eighth of the way through leveling the stone from the first hill I started removing. To be a good, usable commercial runway, AFAIK, my airport's runway would need to be about 3000m long and simply put that would take really ****ing long to level out.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I just finished playing. Started a floating city in single-player then started dicking around on a /v/ server and I've been going there often since.

Someone start a Hard-Light SMP server. It'll be great.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Oh man, you've been busy.  My work so far consists of a string of small bases that I stash supplies in.  All of them are so far apart that in order to not get lost I had to mark them with torches just to make sure I know which peaks are safe, and which are not.  Dying is a PITA because then I spawn back on the beachhead, where the fortress isn't all to well supplied, as most of the valuable stuff happens deep in the mountains.

I need to build a tram line.   Or a canal.  Or both.  

I approve of this server idea.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Oh man, you've been busy.  My work so far consists of a string of small bases that I stash supplies in.  All of them are so far apart that in order to not get lost I had to mark them with torches just to make sure I know which peaks are safe, and which are not.  Dying is a PITA because then I spawn back on the beachhead, where the fortress isn't all to well supplied, as most of the valuable stuff happens deep in the mountains.

I need to build a tram line.   Or a canal.  Or both. 

I approve of this server idea.

Navigation protip: Press F3, get XYZ coordinates.
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Oh thank you, you're a lifesaver.  Now I won't have to count the path block by block.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
ya know, for a game that is supposedly so awesome, it sure looks like ass.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
It sure does. Until you start playing it, then you quickly stop caring.

It's a game that has absolutely no right to be as fantastically fun as it is. And yet I'm thoroughly hooked. I recently finished a fully automated and switchable minecart system between my three major bases, and I'm looking for a new challenge...

SMP would be awesome, I'd jump in on that.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

People say this about FreeSpace, y'know.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Outta curiosity, if you happen to build Hadrian's Wall and fill the inside with torch towers would it create a mob free zone?
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

In recognition of Minecraft:
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft

People say this about FreeSpace, y'know.

who says this

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Outta curiosity, if you happen to build Hadrian's Wall and fill the inside with torch towers would it create a mob free zone?

Yes.  It's how I die and don't wake up naked with a base full of zombies.   Just watch the spiders--I've seen them boogers get through defenses I thought impregnable.  

And how does spawning in multiplayer work?  I wonder because it might be entertaining to have base wars.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 12:53:26 am by esarai »

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
God, Minecraft has eat so many hours. Got a really great duel-fortress system up and running in my primary world, just joined them underground in preparation for a rail-system to transport myself between the two rapidly and safely.

A thought occurs: Why not an HLP Minecraft server? Who else wants to build scale, blocky FS ships out of blocks? :D

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Frack scale.  I say we build a life-size Fenris, and put a TNT cannon in its gun turret.  Just for kicks.

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I really wish I had the bandwidth to run a server, it would be pretty awesome.

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Soooo happy I'm not the creative type.  I'd probably be hopelessly addicted to this game if I was. :p