Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 577190 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I don't think there's a way to asnwer your answer in a non-offensive way...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I hereby request that the title of this thread be changed to "drama drama drama" so that we may better stay on topic.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I am giving serious consideration towards locking it. Maybe a fresh start would be a nice idea.

Will leave it for now - but seriously you people - you're in a gaming forum to discuss Minecraft. This isn't the school playground where you win social status points for arguing or fighting each other - quite the opposite, you lose them. You look childish and silly.

So again and for the last time - stick to the topic. If you can't talk to each other in a civil tongue then just don't say anything at all.

If someone asks a question, answer it or ignore it - don't laugh at it.

If someone has an opinion you disagree with, tell them so in a polite manner or ignore it - don't call them names for it.

If you don't like someone and they say something, you are not obliged to respond to them because it was them who posted it. Just leave it.

If you see someone being rude, use the report feature and we'll review it - but I warn anyone thinking of baiting someone into being rude that we'll see that as well.

Got it? Good.

Don't get it? GTFO.

Now carry on, for the last time, or this thread gets locked and I start really looking for skulls to crack. Forum moderation is not my life long ambition - it's a chore. Please don't make it an unpleasant one.

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker

Can i have your babies?

Running a small private Tekkit server... thinking I might run it on a dedicated and open it up to more people...
not sure if i have the time or willingness to run it, admin it and everything related...
but tekkit sure is fun...
Signed, me

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Hey Qaz, ever consider getting MCMMO? What's your outlook on it
"No"

So like, how does one connect to Pecinek's server? I threw the http address into minecraft but it couldn't find it so I'm presuming that "http://minecraft.egzodus.com/" is not what you punch into the minecraft client.

And while we're on the subject what's "mumble"?

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
And while we're on the subject what's "mumble"?

Free VoIP program roughly on par with, if not slightly better than, TeamSpeak3.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I couldn't remember if 1.3 was the version that would see full integration of the Bukkit system, but I guess that comes with 1.4.

1.4 adds the modding API, not necessarily any integration with bukkit. Looking at "upcoming features" also says nothing about it.
From what I understand, Mojang hired the guys in charge of Bukkit, so the modding API will pretty much be Bukkit.

So like, how does one connect to Pecinek's server? I threw the http address into minecraft but it couldn't find it so I'm presuming that "http://minecraft.egzodus.com/" is not what you punch into the minecraft client.
The server might have been down when you tried it, because that address works just fine for me.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I couldn't remember if 1.3 was the version that would see full integration of the Bukkit system, but I guess that comes with 1.4.

1.4 adds the modding API, not necessarily any integration with bukkit. Looking at "upcoming features" also says nothing about it.
From what I understand, Mojang hired the guys in charge of Bukkit, so the modding API will pretty much be Bukkit.

That is what we call a bad assumption.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
In what way?  The Bukkit guys were hired by Mojang, and while they're going to be working on a fresh official API, they were obviously chosen because of what they'd done with Bukkit before that.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
oh for ****s sake. you put in minecraft.egzodus.com in minecraft as the server address. unless my internet randomly crapped out during the night, it wasnt down.

its one of the things you'd expect not to have a problem with on a site like this.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

oh for ****s sake. you put in minecraft.egzodus.com in minecraft as the server address. unless my internet randomly crapped out during the night, it wasnt down.

its one of the things you'd expect not to have a problem with on a site like this.

Sorry but I wasn't lucky enough to be born with the full understanding of Minecraft's UI or computers in general.

It's amazing how quickly people take for granted both learned knowledge and common courtesy.

But thankyou for your help, both you and Matt have been very patient.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
By the way Pec, did you disable the party ability for MCMMO? I was trying to muck about with that, but nothing happened. Not even a "don't have permission to do that" appeared. Just straight up squat
"No"

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken