Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 577437 times)

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
And while we're on the subject what's "mumble"?

This is how the tech savvy figure this stuff out: http://bit.ly/txlbDu
While Sandwich might have been a bit more blunt about it (which is what I want to respond with many times as well, no offense intended towards anyone), he is correct.  :)

For reference, I submit the following XKCD comic, which is very accurate:

http://www.xkcd.com/627/
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
Ah. That would do it
Was trying to see if I could get the tping aspect of it to work

Also, 450 acrobatics! Huzzah
...I have no life

Oblivion refference?
Nope.  McMMO has stats and the like.  Take a gander at their wiki.
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam

For reference, I submit the following XKCD comic, which is very accurate:

http://www.xkcd.com/627/

Aaaaand, that's now my Facebook status.  Thanks for the link.  :D

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Uhh...strangely enough I can't get on Peceni's server. Apparenlty I've been banned from it even tough I've never been on it before....

I think it's white listed, so you need permission to access it.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Uhh...strangely enough I can't get on Peceni's server. Apparenlty I've been banned from it even tough I've never been on it before....

no. its simple. he is not welcome on my server. if he did not figure it out over the past 2 pages, not my problem.
also, i've recently relaxed the "protectiveness" on my server a bit, so new folks can come and do stuff without waiting for me approving them. it never was switched to whitelisting. i just have permissions set up so that you cant do anything initially until i clear you. which, as i've said, i've relaxed around a week ago.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

And while we're on the subject what's "mumble"?

This is how the tech savvy figure this stuff out: http://bit.ly/txlbDu

That explains why tech savvy folks have such top-notch interpersonal skills.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

no. its simple. he is not welcome on my server. if he did not figure it out over the past 2 pages, not my problem.
also, i've recently relaxed the "protectiveness" on my server a bit, so new folks can come and do stuff without waiting for me approving them. it never was switched to whitelisting. i just have permissions set up so that you cant do anything initially until i clear you. which, as i've said, i've relaxed around a week ago.

Where have you been anyhow? I mean, I'm always on around the time that you guys would generally be on the server... but I never see you
Did run into Micos a few days ago, but that was about it
And tweeds, albeit, not much for talking
"No"

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

Oh, I see. Well while I feel rather bad for Trashman, it's not my call to make.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

The Force shall free me.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I'm not about at the moment cause it's Sharons' birthday, but I'll probably be back in a day or two, as for Yoko, he's been Warcrafting a lot lately, like me, he goes through 'phases' :)

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I'm not about at the moment cause it's Sharons' birthday, but I'll probably be back in a day or two, as for Yoko, he's been Warcrafting a lot lately, like me, he goes through 'phases' :)

NOT WARCRAFT D:

EDIT: 500 Acrobatics!
Now off to my next thing
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 01:46:23 pm by deathfun »
"No"

Why does this thread feel like Romper room lately

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Why does this thread feel like Romper room lately

Because Minecraft brings out the worst in people and divides their mental age by itself, and here is where we all meet to compare cubic induced retardation...

****, Minecraft should be outlawed.

The Force shall free me.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Most Online games can be massive fun, or incredibly annoying in multiplayer, depends on the crowd. When I used to play Unreal Tournament online, I had some brilliant battles with teams who were more or less evenly matched, and we all pulled our weight without being asked. I also had other games filled with people who thought they were the greatest player evar and that anyone who shot them was using aimbots or other hacks and it was always the rest of the teams fault if the enemy achieved a goal they were responsible for guarding.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
The thing with Minecraft is that you have the usual issues that tend to crop up whenever you have the same group of people playing an online game for a while, compounded with the fact that Minecraft is a creative endeavor, with inherent potential for stepping on each other's toes.  If people who feel strongly about what they're creating wind up in some sort of disagreement, tempers can flare in a hurry.

So on the new server, are there any requirements or guidelines for staking out territory? Besides the obvious of "don't get in anybody's way with your stuff".

I'm planning on setting up a sort of "nature preserve" somewhere which wouldn't have construction setting it off as occupied. Fence? Wall? Signs? Armed park rangers?

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
So on the new server, are there any requirements or guidelines for staking out territory? Besides the obvious of "don't get in anybody's way with your stuff".

I'm planning on setting up a sort of "nature preserve" somewhere which wouldn't have construction setting it off as occupied. Fence? Wall? Signs? Armed park rangers?

Acid farting ninja pigmen.

The Force shall free me.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

just dont be surprised when qaz sets up a legion of creepers in your "preserve" ;)
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

A 10m high stone wall with parapet and guard towers manned by snow golems should do nicely.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
A new seed may have been found.

Prepare your collective anuses.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
The thing with Minecraft is that you have the usual issues that tend to crop up whenever you have the same group of people playing an online game for a while, compounded with the fact that Minecraft is a creative endeavor, with inherent potential for stepping on each other's toes.  If people who feel strongly about what they're creating wind up in some sort of disagreement, tempers can flare in a hurry.

playing Minecraft together is bad for my marriage
not kidding at all
T_T
Signed, me