Author Topic: FS2Net multi  (Read 1683 times)

Could someone help me to get multiplayer working? I have an account at FS2 net but i cant connect.  Could i get some help or a link to some plz? thanks

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
You need the .cfg file; it's in mv_core or you can do a search on the forums for it. (The FSSCP one)
-C

I got further this time, but now its says that Im using "hacked table files" that are peventing my stats from being saved.  Any suggestions....?

Uninstall any mods you have

The only thing i have installed is FS2 Open and the media VP files.  Do you have to use retail FS2 for multiplayer?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You've installed mv_aseffects.vp right? Move it out of your FS2 folder. You only want that file if you play single player only.

A better soultion than just moving the file is to do this.

1. Create a folder called Multiplayer.
2. Download and unzip this  vp file in it.
3. When playing a multiplayer game choose Features>>Select Mod>>Multiplayer in the launcher.  When you've finished simply click the no mod button.

If you ever update the media vp files this solution may stop working. However the problem caused by mv_aseffects.vp may also have gone away too :D Just delete the file and you'll be back to a standard FS2 Open install.

For those who are wondering the VP simply contains the tables from mv_effects.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 06:27:34 pm by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

OK.. i tried just deleting it, and is still says im using hacked tables..or something like that.  Then i tried the Multiplayer folder thing with that vp file in it and tried selecting it from the launcher and it said i couldnt have a mod directory name with a space.  WTF?? what does that mean? lol i dont get the launcher

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
that means that the path you're folder called 'multiplayer' has a space in it... not really a bug problem, or at least i've never had a problem with it...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW