Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The Modding Workshop

How to make ships?

(1/2) > >>

Iain Baker:
Total N00B question I know, but what software packages do people use to create the ship models?

If there is a variety of them, can anyone recommend a noob-friendly simple one?

I'm not sure if I would ever get around to actually implementing it into anything, but I would like to create the model to see what it would look like. I have a clear vision of it in my MK 1 noggin', but my attempts at hand drawing it were hamstrung by my complete lack of drawing skills  :lol:

Cheers guys :-)

Nightmare:
You might want to check the Nodding Tutorials subboard, although I don't know how complete the guides still are after several years.

Galemp:
Blender! Use Blender please! It is so easy to convert from Blender to FreeSpace.

Blender itself is not easy to use... It's a bit like flying a plane, but you get used to it.

coffeesoft:
Blender is one of the best options, is totally free and powerful.

As well you can use 3Ds Max, then convert to FSO, is easy just using a free plugin. ( Open COLLADA converter ), If i´m not wrong up to MAX 2013, i'm using it.
You can open DAE files with PCS2, then convert to POF ( FSO format )

Jadehawk:
I also use Blender to a point. But if you have ZERO experience in any 3D design, then you could also consider WINGS3D which I use to design my ships. Easy to convert and use in Blender as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version