Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Blue Planet

Next-Gen Vasudan Ships

<< < (2/6) > >>

Buckshee Rounds:
Could do a few interesting things for the Zods, but I'm not sure how Vasudanesque they'd be. Did BP use emps much? How about a long-range emp weapon? Shield dampeners? Rapid fire beams in the vein of the mekhu hl-7? How about a fighter beam that's ineffective against shields but can lance subsystems off capships?

Really what we need is some good old fashioned Headz. Vasudan marines ftw!

EDIT: How about a troopship that launches shielded pods for troop insertion, like odsts but in space?

crizza:
In one BP mission we have GEFs boarding a zod ship, only to scream "They have freaking power swords" or something along the line.
Afterwards I always picture vasudan marines in power armor :D

X3N0-Life-Form:
"A wild gameplay speculation thread appears !"

--- Quote from: General Battuta on October 16, 2018, 03:47:19 pm ---[...]

--- End quote ---

Let's see, historically Vasudan strikecrafts tended to have a mobility advantage over their Terran counterparts, so that's one thing that might be interesting to push further. In the context of BP, the Tevs have SSMs as their fancy subspace tech, I'd love to see zod fighters & bombers zip around the battlespace using short distance subspace jumps (and that's totally not because I've had that kind of ability on my TODO list for ages).

Self-regen would be an interesting way to deal the Vasudan's "trademark" fragility. Another thing I had in mind would be some kind of adaptive armor or shield, the more you get hit with certain types of weapons, the more resilient you are to them until you get hit by something else (do we have scripting hooks into the "apply-damage" methods ?).

Finding a way to get the player to be DOOM-style hyper aggressive would certainly be something ^^. A close-range shield-drain might be interesting, a Mass Effect Vanguard charge (including the extra shield) would be fun and tie into the whole "let's ram stuff" thing :).

As for capships... a ramming frigate would be cool ? :D

Nightmare:

--- Quote from: X3N0-Life-Form on October 19, 2018, 06:41:33 am ---As for capships... a ramming frigate would be cool ? :D

--- End quote ---

I already made one! :mad2:

Aesaar:
The Colossus got rammed by an Orion and the Hades by a Typhon and neither caused meaningful damage.  Ramming is not a viable tactic for capital ships in FS.

And significant engine limitations stand in the way of making ramming look good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version