Author Topic: Joining The Diaspora Team  (Read 80405 times)

Offline PhRey

• Composer
    • Ph.Rey Music
Re: Joining The Diaspora Team
Hey,
my name is Phil Rey, i'm a french composer for movies and video games.
Let me know if i can help, if you have a specific mission for me i will gladly cooperate.

Some few examples of my work for "space games" :
"Sky Invader" - developed by Clement Willlay.
"Star Tactics" - developed by Skyvador & friends.

...and many other things you can hear on my website - Google translate at footpage

Cheers,
Phil

Offline newman

Hi, I'm no expert but your music sounds very good to me. I'd go so far as to say I love it. Of course I'll let our composer guys have a say on this as all I can offer is my non-expert opinion. I saw too late that you logged in to our channel - in case everyone is afk you need to stay on a bit longer then 2 minutes :) Hope to see you there again soon.
As a matter of curiosity, are you also able to work with sound effects or are you strictly a composer? Either way I think we could definitely use you.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
I'm no music expert either, but to echo newman, I'm really liking your stuff too. Be sure to drop by the irc channel at some point and we can have a chat :)

Offline PhRey

• Composer
    • Ph.Rey Music
 :) Thank you for your hospitality. After our discussion yesterday I tried something more "acoustic" (I am not being very original, but it's still a test) I also have a few questions i forgot to ask, and it's easier for me to do it here on the forum (i hope that's not disturbing ?)
Concerning Diaspora, is it a game or BSG mod ?
Are you developing Diaspora for now ? or BTRL ?
How far are you from developing ?

If i can find the answers on the forum, just let me know where please ;o)

Here is my second attempt :
http://www.phreymusic.com/images/music/Diaspora/Diaspora03.mp3

See you  :)
Phil

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
:) Thank you for your hospitality. After our discussion yesterday I tried something more "acoustic" (I am not being very original, but it's still a test) I also have a few questions i forgot to ask, and it's easier for me to do it here on the forum (i hope that's not disturbing ?)
Concerning Diaspora, is it a game or BSG mod ?
Are you developing Diaspora for now ? or BTRL ?
How far are you from developing ?

If i can find the answers on the forum, just let me know where please ;o)

Here is my second attempt :
http://www.phreymusic.com/images/music/Diaspora/Diaspora03.mp3

See you  :)
Phil

Diaspora is a Standalone game which uses the FSO engine.
It's unrelated to BtRL ( though some of the teammembers where members of BtRL long time ago).
The Developement is pretty far advanced ( afaik ) and R1 ( Diaspora - Shattered Armistice ) is the first release.
No release date though, as there have to be certain things to do.

Offline PhRey

• Composer
    • Ph.Rey Music
Glad to read that Angelus ! Thank you ;o)

Offline newman

Hey PhRey you now have access to a prospectives forum, you can post further samples there. Just a heads up..
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline PhRey

• Composer
    • Ph.Rey Music
Hey PhRey you now have access to a prospectives forum, you can post further samples there. Just a heads up..
Cool ;o)

Offline Siellus

Hello everyone!
Name is Sekula (I'm Croatian :P) I am 19

I currently live in the UK, up in middlesbrough as a Computer games art student and I'm looking to get my portfolio up and running.

Experience wise I've worked with 3ds Max for the better part of about 7, maybe 8 years now (first started at 11) and pretty much failed high school because of it :P so you can rest assured that I indeed know my stuff.

I'm skilled with:
*Animation
*Rigging
*Asset creation (and pretty much anything that involves 3D I have some experience in)

I am very interested to join the crew :)
Hope to hear from you soon

~Siell

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Have you got anything you can show us?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Could you please show some examples of your previous work?

EDIT: Oh great, kara beat my two seconds :P

Offline Siellus

Sure I do, what kind of stuff would you like to see?
I have a wide variety of random stuff.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Just some samples of what you'd consider your best and most relevant work for the project.

Offline newman

Since we mostly deal in spaceships as far as assets go, seeing something like that modeled, unwrapped and textured would be best. Failing that, anything that would show us you've mastered the 3 skills I mentioned above would do the trick.

Offline Siellus

Ah yes I figured, Well I do not have any spaceships, heres the dilemma, I have guns, buildings and things I've worked with in the past, However, I Can whip up a spaceship from BSG in less than a week.

I shall start now :)

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Well, to avoid doing something we already have, please talk to newman or Lt Cannonfodder about a ship we need a model of?
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
This would be much easier if you'd get on IRC and discuss it with us. You can find us on irc.esper.net on the #diaspora channel. If that means absolutely nothing to you, just click here, enter a suitable username and click connect.

We just need to see examples of your work that proves you can texture and model. You'd be surprised at how many offers we get from people who can't. Once we've seen what you can do we'll decide together on a ship you can make to show off your skills at making something from BSG that we can use.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline newman

Yes, spaceships would be nice but as kara said pretty much anything that can prove you can model or texture would do the trick for starters. Just post some pictures of some unwrapped and textured models you did you feel can represent your skill well (join us on IRC if you got questions). That's phase 1. Phase 2 is giving you a ship we could use to model as a test. Phase 3 is putting the shackles on and have you slave away for us for the rest of your life. But you need to go through 1 and 2 first.
So, show us those guns and buildings you mentioned :)

Offline Kurtz

Hey,
my name is Phil Rey, i'm a french composer for movies and video games.
Let me know if i can help, if you have a specific mission for me i will gladly cooperate.

Some few examples of my work for "space games" :
"Sky Invader" - developed by Clement Willlay.
"Star Tactics" - developed by Skyvador & friends.

...and many other things you can hear on my website - Google translate at footpage

Cheers,
Phil

Super, un francais! =)

Je voudrais te demander, je suis musicien et j'aime bien ce que tu fais. Je voudrais te poser une question, la musique que tu fais, tu as un orchestre pour les jouer ou tu fais tout toi meme avec des pistes que tu enregistres?
I don't speak English very well. Sorry if I make some mistakes when I write :)

Offline Richard

Seulement en anglais s'ils vous plait les gars, je suis également français mais je sais me tenir.

Only english pleasy guys, I'm french too but I stay correct ^^