Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 617902 times)

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
Re: What are you playing right now?
This isn't really the place to put this, but I found this on DeviantArt and had to share it with you all.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I want to smack whoever came up with that deviantart picture

There were no Metroids going to the Motherbrain in any of the iterations of Metroid's Motherbrain

Been back to Warframe after that big update, but still mess around in GTA V for a few hours at a time. Stealing a 747 is so rewarding and I totally don't crash that into highrises
"No"

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Just played through Mirror's Edge (super late to the party, I know). Pretty good game, looking forward to the sequel.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
Gray Fox is proving somewhat difficult on 'extreme' in MGS1. I beat him before on extreme, I'm sure I can do it again, it's all about timing.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
GTA Online and Terraria 1.2
God damn it's good not to have a life
"No"

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I just picked up the CS complete pack on steam. Everything from 1.6 through Global Operations. I haven't really been into CS since maybe 2007, and I was playing 1.6 then.

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Castle Story beta. Man, this is cool. I hope they do amazing stuff with this, because right now it will get old sooner than I'd like.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Good, old NFS Underground 2,
Gothic 2 NotR with mods,
Warblade,
Chicken Invaders 4 Ultimate omlette :D

(Those 2 last rather when i have no time for longer gaming).
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Chicken Invaders 4 Ultimate omlette :D

Video Game Names Generator thread is over there, eh.

Just for kicks, I've been trying to play the Gal Civ II campaign. I know it isn't supposed to be very good (and it isn't), but whatever. I'm bored.

I've rediscovered my intense hatred for the Dread Lords. Any mission they're present in just... yeesh. Talk about overpowered.

At least their planets are easy to conquer if you manage to sneak a troop transport past their practically invincible cruisers.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Welp, against one of the guys' advice here, I decided to be an idiot and played both currently released chapters of Starcraft 2 back-to-back.

Now it's back at Cave Story, starting on StarTropics, and deciding to get back on the original Phantasy Star Online (yay for the private server).
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I just lost EVE.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline Patriot

I just lost EVE.

Lost as in stopped playing or lost as in you failed miserably and are now broke as hell?

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
I just bought FTL and KSP and still have like 21$ for games. What should I get? Wargame looks cool, but I don't think the fun I'd have with it could possibly beat 2 FTL-grade games.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Lost as in stopped playing or lost as in you failed miserably and are now broke as hell?

The only winning move in EVE is not to play. Consider how one loses then.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Revan227

• by far, the Hades is WAY better than the colossus!
    • Minecraft
minecraft
tropico 4
Flight Simulator X
World of WarPlanes
FreeSpace: Inferno
DIVE, DIVE, DIVE  HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT!

(yes i know how overused this is)

Overly Attached Support Ship: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=86760.0

Offline Revan227

• by far, the Hades is WAY better than the colossus!
    • Minecraft
i played EVE for 3 days then decided it was a terrible game.

(p.s. sorry for the double post)
DIVE, DIVE, DIVE  HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT!

(yes i know how overused this is)

Overly Attached Support Ship: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=86760.0

Yeah, no more playing Galactic Civ II's campaign.

Any mission where the Dread Lords are present on the map from the beginning is an exercise in pure frustration. They're so far ahead of you that it takes you half the game (hours of work) to get to the point you can even resist their attacks, and by that point they're too numerous to ever be defeated (the only way to beat them is through superior numbers).

Also, I think the missions are borked because of version upgrades. The game material states that Dread Lords do not conquer planets, and if that were true, the campaign might be doable. Except they conquer planets all the damned time, which I think was an ability they got in a later expansion pack which, of course, got retroactively applied to all previous missions.

I like the game because its sandbox missions are fun as hell, but their campaign designers were morons by the looks of it.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Lorric

I played the GalCiv2 campaign years ago.

Maybe it won't work for you because it was years ago, but I always rushed the Dread Lords right at the start, because their ships might have ungodly attack stats, they don't upgrade their ability to take damage right away. It worked for me.

The Dread Lords I'm pretty sure took planets in my games.